Karen Hughes is Married?

Nah, it was a crappy old Mazda with a cracked windshield. You know, the kind of car a Democrat would drive.

Hmmm, if this does her justice, she’s not too bad. :eek:

**"Karen Hughes is Married?

The breaking news of the day was that Karen Hughes is married."**

So you don't find her attractive.  Fine, but somehow that affects her ability to govern?

"In a press release describing how she felt the need to leave the adminstration, effective this summer, to tend to her family who was feeling a little homesick."

She's not leaving the administration.  She'll continue to advise Bush from Texas, probably on a daily basis.

She's the one feeling homesick, not her family.

"I’ll call it like I see it, and I see it quite well."

Ummmmm, yeah.

I’m respectfully puzzled by your rant. Why bust her for her politics without mentioning what you disagree with but express surprise that she actually has a husband? What gives?

I’m just thankful I won’t have to look upon her at all anymore. The woman gives me the serious creeps, and it has nothing to do with her genetic gifts or lack thereof. The picture that was linked to is an accurate representation, and she’s a perfectly attractive person…until she begins to speak and express herself. Especially if she’s ticked off, when her mouth resembles nothing so much as a talking asshole.

I really can’t stand her and haven’t been able to since the election. Her smugness during the recount was like sandpaper on my nerves. Ugh.

(I hear she is hyper-competent and rabidly loyal. Which actually adds to my dislike of her, considering where her loyalty lies and what her competence is in service to.)

[ul][]Liberals are kind. []Liberals are considerate. []Liberals want to see women to gain power. []Liberals are appalled when a woman is judged on their appearance. [/ul] Ace0Spades, Lizard, minty green and Stoid must all be conservatives. :wink:

As touching as her familial devotion may purport, I think she got the axe. Wild guess: the Presidency is the Big Time, what works in Dallas doesn’t work elsewhere, since the relative incidence of sanity is higher. The men at the other end of Our Leaders strings decided she couldn’t cut it.

Janet Reno jokes? Hey, us ugly folks got rights too, you know! Not many, but some. Besides, next to Condoleeza Rice. with that unbearably sexy front tooth gap…

Ahhhh, 'Leeza. Have you already forgotten the Summer of '68, watching the Berkely sunset, couple of hits of Blue Cheer…? Do you ever have to explain that tattoo of Huey Newton?

As touching as her familial devotion may purport, I think she got the axe. Wild guess: the Presidency is the Big Time, what works in Dallas doesn’t work elsewhere, since the relative incidence of sanity is higher. The men at the other end of Our Leaders strings decided she couldn’t cut it.

Janet Reno jokes? Hey, us ugly folks got rights too, you know! Not many, but some. Besides, next to Condoleeza Rice. with that unbearably sexy front tooth gap…

Ahhhh, 'Leeza. Have you already forgotten the Summer of '68, watching the Berkely sunset, couple of hits of Blue Cheer…?

This is SUCH a tired old line. Similar traits in a man would NOT make him “admired”; everyone would just call him an asshole, instead of a bitch. A pushy jerk in any other gender is still a jerk.

[QUOTE]
Originally posted by december *
**[ul][li]Liberals are kind. [
]Liberals are considerate. []Liberals want to see women to gain power. []Liberals are appalled when a woman is judged on their appearance. [/ul] Ace0Spades, Lizard, minty green and Stoid must all be conservatives. :wink: **[/li][/QUOTE]
Allow me to repeat myself: The twit held a press conference directly in front of my car during my morning commute. I have said nothing about her appearance, her gender, or her politics. So take your “liberal” tar brush and kindly stick it someplace uncomfortable.

Sorry, minty green :frowning:
I didn’t read your post carefully.

The capital of Texas is Austin, not Dallas.

Yeah, but Karen Hughes is from Dallas, Unc. And apology gladly accepted, december. I personally disapprove of the knee-jerk, ad hominem sentiments expressed by certain posters regarding Ms. Hughes, especially because I have a very concrete reason to dislike her.

BUSH ADMINISTRATION STAFFERS OFFER FOND FAREWELL WISHES TO SENIOR ADVISOR KAREN HUGHES