[QUOTE=Starving Artist]
How reliable a site is Digital Spy? Hef has always seemed to me to be a pretty tactful and considerate sort of person and this comment doesn’t fit with my image of him. I’m also wondering if he would gratuitously bring up the subject of airbrushing.
[/QUOTE]
Hmmm… you’re right, it sort of sounds “off” somehow.
At the same time, it’s true that Kelly Osbourne is NOT Playboy material, which has generally been whatever’s the decade’s definition of “conventionally beautiful”, with bonus points if you’re a big-boobed blonde 'cause that’s what The Man likes.
[QUOTE=Argent Towers]
I’ll be the first to say I would definitely sleep with Kelly Osbourne, and I don’t understand what’s so unappealing about her. She’s comfortable with herself and has a unique look - so what if she doesn’t look like the bimbos that are typical of Playboy. So Hef can go fuck himself.
[/QUOTE]
If I had a choice, I’d fuck Hef too… he’d be a step up from Kelly Osbourne.
[QUOTE=GorillaMan]
She stood in as host on a big radio show here a few weeks back, and showed a real knowledge of current music, and also was pretty good at the whole hosting side of it. Especially given the audience, she was terrified, but earned a good reception. So I guess an attributed Heffner quote is hardly ‘hitting reality’.
Sure, there’s obvious quips about it being radio. But stop and think about who they actually tell us something about.
[/QUOTE]
Having a face for radio is not even remotely similar to having a Playboy body. She could very well be the most articulate, intelligent person in the world with the voice of an angel. But her physique simply does not lend itself to the visual media. Especially nekkid.
I didn’t know it was possible to rationalize sexual attraction, by applying it’s not fair to judge her in a certain way conditions. You can rationalize having sex with someone, but not what physical attributes turn you on. Either your looks are attracting somebody sexualy or they’re not. I can’t stand her looks, It doesn’t matter what her personality is, Playboy is strictly a physical attraction media. Personality can come into play on a sex video if they were to make it that way, but they don’t.
[QUOTE=Harmonious Discord]
Hefner has a killer quote “I can’t see it happening somehow - we don’t airbrush to that extent.” It’s good to see somebody tell her the truth, even if it’s a lecturous old man.
Interesting. A post-op gastric bypass Carnie Wilson was featured in Playboy. Having had the same procedure, I know well what a post-op body - even a post-reconstructive surgery body - can look like. They used plenty of airbrush on her.
[QUOTE=GorillaMan]
See my earlier post. It sounds like you’re as guilty of assuming things about her as many you want to criticise.
[/QUOTE]
My Apologies
I was unclear in my statement. What I meant to imply is that she is an average looking person who has the non average back ground of growing up wealthy, and has utilised some very smart publicists, image consultants and such. I feel fairly safe in assuming these things.
I have heard her sing, (not live, on television) and was impressed with her voice and style. Although I haven’t heard the “girl behind the counter at McDonalds” sing, chances are that given the expert band and production technologies Kelly has access to, a small amount of talent could be made to sound as impressive as Kelly.
I know very little of the “product”, as all anyone but close friend’s and family will see of Kelly, and various other celebrities is the “packaging”.
In conclusion, GorillaMan, what I said was meant as commentary, not criticism. Again, please accept my apologies for the lack of clarity.