Ken Jennings - What a Sore Winner!

Link to the blog post in question.

That was hilarious! It’s very, very rare for me to actually laugh out loud at something I read, but I did at this:

The list of suggested categories “that middle America actually cares about” was pretty good too.

In the PC Jeopardy! game I have, I once heard Alex use the phrase “pull a Claven.” I keep waiting for him to use it on a real show. :smiley:

I felt like doing it, and he is.

As I mentioned in another thread, there was at least one instance in the actual show where a contestant didn’t know the Final Jeopardy! question and wrote a variant of the “people who have never been in my kitchen” repsonse.

I remember that. I also remember a show when one contestant was way ahead before final Jeopardy, so that he couldn’t be caught, and Trebek said something like, “And so-and-so couldn’t be caught, of course… unless he’s done like Cliff Claven and bet everything.”

But the guy hadn’t, of course.

It was all a joke. And a funny one, too, I thought. I liked his “correction” later, in which he concedes that Trebek is, in fact, a cyborg, and not a robot.

I don’t see the big deal, even if it is genuine (I’d gladly wager the damn house that my sister’s come up with wackier ideas).

Heck, these days anyone who doesn’t need a flood of gutter language or unbelievably old, unfunny jokes gets at least a C+ in my book.