Ketchup on a hot dog, why bad?

My hot dog:

Bright red ketchup, yellow mustard, green relish, and chopped onions. That’s it. Like a traffic light. And I don’t care what anyone has to say on the matter. It’s the combination of the three condiments that’s essential. If I’m out of one, I won’t bother having a hot dog. (I can forego the onions, but it’s just not the same.)

So, nyah. :stuck_out_tongue:

Currently half of my meals come off of a George Foreman grill. My roommates sauce of choice is Ketchup on everything. Mine is Garlic Barbecue sauce. Is there anything wrong with a Garlic BBQ sauce on a hotdog or burger? Am I going to meat lover’s hell, I havent had meat in 2 1/2 years so Im kinda new at this.
Also, Kraut, is there any way I can add it to me nightly sausage without opening a new can? Does it keep ok in tupperware?

CurryWurst

(not nearly as bad as it sounds, in my limited experience)

What do you think is in Thousand Island dressing? It’s mayonnaise, ketchup for color, and pickle relish.

Robin

I think this is one of the few times that ncle Cecil is 100% wrong. Hot dogs deserve to be treated with respect**, not mustard.

** I define respect as a combination of chili and cheese :smiley:

Man, I’ve never read such maligning of a condiment in my life. I eat ketchup and I’m damn proud of it!

Sheesh.

Okay, mustard then shredded cheese, then the dog (no turkey, soy, chicken imitations please), then raw onions, chili (beans would truly be a travesty), chopped jalepenos and finally a bit of the dreaded ketchup. Perfection in a hot dog bun for this Texas transplant.

The Mona Lisa as velvet art, wow, the visuals are mind boggling

Ketchup AKA ss, that’s why!

I would comment, but seeing as the only hot dog type apparatus I consume is made primarily of soy, I feel I would not be taken seriously in here.

Besides, I put ketchup on them.

And I put mayo on my veggie burgers. Mayo, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles. Gotta be cheap yellow mustard, though.

Curry ketchup? That sounds kinda neat.

My hotdog has ketchup, mayo, and sour kraut…Don’t you dare touch it with mustard

My hamburger has ketchup, mayo, cheese, pickles, and lettuce. Once again, no mustard is to be present

My corndog sauce is a mixture of ketchup and mayo, which is also what I eat of my french fries when ranch dressing is not available.

And, no mustard whatsoever :wink:

So now I’ve gotta come out of yet another closet, and proclaim to the world that I *sometimes *put ketchup on a hot dog. And sometimes mustard, and sometimes both.

And sometimes hot sauerkraut.
Or mango chutney.
Or melted extra-sharp cheddar.
Or even - gasp - peanut butter!

Live dangerously.

Wieners on buns only, no condiments. Because Hank says so.:smiley:

I’m with you. I put ketchup and onions on hot dogs. Or chili and cheese. I hate yellow mustard, but I do like good spicy brown mustard.

Hamburgers get mayo and kosher salt on the bottom bun, then ketchup, onions and lettuce on top of the burger. Yum.

This whole “no ketchup” rule for hotdogs is recent newsfor me. I always have ketchup on my hot dogs. Only ketchup. Mustard is only for submarine sandwiches.

Of course, I don’t eat the cow lips and beef testicles variety of hot dog–I eat tofu hot dogs. So who cares? :wink:

DesertGeezer– No hotdog buns, heretic!

No, Larry, I’m quite certain hank’s rule #9 says, “eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.” If you break Hank’s rules Hank will kick the shit out of you. Condiments are heretical, buns are okay. Hanks says so, and rule #6 says, “everything Hank says is right.”

I eat my wieners sometimes on plain bread with brown mustard and relish, and I haven’t had the shit kicked out of me yet. So I guess Hank doesn’t know everything. I won’t tell if you don’t. :smiley:

Thai sweet chili sauce. Or American mustard and Spicy Red sauce.

Hank’s Church has never apprehended the Doctrine of the Original Snub.

HCE + ALP = MUDD

LOL! That’s about as good as “Kissing Hank’s Ass”! :smiley: