Keurig One Cup Coffee Makers

It is hard making a single cup of coffee in a 4 cup maker, 12/10 cup maker, perk or french press. With kcups, it takes as long as it takes to fill the reservoir, push the button and spooge it through the cup into a mug. If you are really lazy and dont mind spending $800 or more depending on the model, get one that plumbs in so all you do is hit the button and hitting spooge.

Keep in mind you are chatting with someone that used to have the plumbed in 3 burner bunnomatic installed in her home until the heating element finally kicked the bucket :smiley:

Really, it is fairly cost effective as you do not have to keep making multiple pots of coffee for differing tastes. You can make a cup to order of the flavor whomever wants and not keep having to stop and clean pots out. You can crank out cups of individualized coffee pretty much as fast as teh element will heat the water.

I like mine because I only drink one cup of coffee on the drive to work. I fill the reservoir on Sunday night and it lasts all week. I do use the refillable K-Cup with my own coffee most times. On the weekend I make the occasional cup of tea or hot chocolate.

Depending on how much or often you drink coffee, I think it’s worthwhile.

There was one in my previous office, and I loved it. I didn’t have to make a whole pot of coffee at 3:47 p.m. when I needed a pick-me-up, and have the rest of the pot go to waste. Everyone can have different styles of coffee, tea or cocoa, and it worked well for cup-o’-soup mugs, too.

We have commerical Kuerig machines here at work. They’re connected directly to the water supply, so nobody need to fill it. After being spoiled by it at work, we decided to get a home machine and we’re never looking back to the Mr. Coffee.

One cup, no mess.

I’ve got a Flavia machine and I really love it. A friend who was closing an office gave it to me. She also gave me a bag of assorted coffees and teas that were left over.

Now, I purchase “rails” of coffee pods from ebay, very cheaply, before their expiration date. There’s a Flavia website where you can purchase the machines and pods also.

I’ve been able to sample several kinds of coffee and tea and now have several favorites. I use one of my own coffee mugs, and really enjoy a cup of fresh coffee each time. It sure beats making a pot of coffee and drinking the gradually more acidic stuff through the morning as it sits on the heating element.

Like tacoloco, I’ve never looked back at the Cuisinart 12-cupper.

I agree overall. It seems like a cool idea, but definitely a splurge. Personally, I solved the problem of not wanting to make a full pot of coffee for just me by using my french press.

I do think it’s a cool idea for an office, though.

We have one in the unit I work in and I love it. I am the only tea drinker and I really like the Earl Grey and the English Breakfast Blend they have (it’s a Keurig). There is a problem with coffee grounds getting into the tea, if you don’t “run” an empty cup between the 2. Other than that, it’s been a win-win. The pts’ families love it, too–they feel like they’re getting a treat (we keep flavors out for them while they wait for the pts’ surgeries to finish).

I would love one for home (or my other job), but it’s out of my budget for now.