KGS you silly boy, get your ass in here

You mean he was serious. I opened that thread when it first started and just assumed it was one of the MPSIMS games, with the funniest comment coming from Hal Briston, asking how “many fingers am I holding up”. I figured it would continue in that vien and went back to reading other forums.

Oh, and KGS is being extremely disingenuous in his arguements. At least my belief in the Flying Spagetti Monster is based on sound evidence, proven by the scientific method.

It’s not even baseless character assassination… more like baseless character lobbing of water balloons and saying “Pew pew! Pew pew!”

I’d like to run blindly across this thread, throwing water balloons and yelling “Pew pew! Pew pew!” at people.

I’d also like to point out that both I and the Amazing Randi would be delighted to find real, honest evidence of reliable psychic powers. I’m pretty sure most people here would be, too.
A whole new world of things to investigate. A new golden era for humanity. Heck, money coming out of trees, and we’d be on the ground floor, if that’s what motivates you.

We just havn’t found anything repeatable or useful yet. Sucks.

Well, that’s not very superheroic of you. Unless, I guess, the woman was Dr. Doom in drag and he was trying to win the lottery as part of his scheme to take over the world, or something. But, still…

What false accusations?

Look, I know I was set up by the wolf pack. Funny, that kind of behavior is inherently…well, psychic. How else do wolves communicate with each other, bait someone for the kill? That is the hypocrasy of it all.

Can you explain EXACTLY how the brain works? No? Well, then you must not have a brain. It is all an illusion, this Game is fleeting and we should all be happy that we aren’t the one who got run over by a Skittles truck yesterday morning.

Wow, you are looking at yourself in the mirror pretty deep there. Remember what I said about preserving self-identity?

Look, I know I got played. I’ve been Pitted before, it doesn’t bother me. And, I know what it’s like to be a bully. There is SWEET satisfaction in ostracizing some individual because he looks different, has ideas outside the norm, is smaller and weaker than others, etc. SWEET satisfaction. All of you, I am sure know what I’m talking about.

So, go right ahead. You can’t kill Nathaniel. It is forbidden for the System to kill an Inner Child.

(I hope.)

Your false accusations that any post in that thread by Ianzin could be in any way described as the actions of an asshole.

In fact, despite the typical acrimony that tends to surround any thread on this message board regarding the psychic, I can only see one poster whose behavior can be classified as that of an asshole: KGS.

Well tomndebb, I will give you credit for one thing. At least you are posting your opinion as an individual, a regular member, instead of using your Moderator status to bully me further. There’s real integrity there, and I appreciate that.

You know, there was a study once, where the teacher would draw two sets of lines on the chalkboard. Set A were the same length, Set B one was clearly longer than the other. The teacher would ask, which set of lines were the same. Now…all the students except one (the test subject) were in on the experiment. They all chose Set B, deliberately wrong. All of them. And when the test subject himself was asked…how did he respond?

He went with the crowd, and chose Set B. The incorrect choice, even though he knew it was wrong. Nearly every time.

Every time I was told that story, I assumed it meant that the subject was wrong, that his choice was illogical, he should have chosen the correct choice (Set A) and not given in to peer pressure. But lately…I’m thinking, I got the message wrong. Perhaps, the point was that you should go along with Set B. Become part of the crowd, ignore your own eyes and ears and the facts of the exam. Reject being an individual, ignore your own perception of truth.

Well, too late to turn back now. I’ve committed myself to being an individual, to avoiding the crowd if I don’t agree with their ideals. Maybe, that’s why I’m still alive. (How sucky is that?)

Heh. “Asshole.” I am not the one showing sociopathic behavoir here. Not that I expect anyone else to admit to that. After all, if you are sociopathic, you probably think you are completely normal.

Perhaps not the best choice of words to use in a thread where you argue that others are being close-minded? :dubious:

Oh, good. It’s the “Persecuted Nonconformist” defense. Let me check my card.
I have BINGO!

There is no spoon.

Yeah, yeah. The rules only apply to me, and no one else. Do you really expect anyone to buy that? After all, Set A is equal. Not Set B. Are you one of the deluded test subjects, or part of the conspiracy? Please, inform me.

Actually, there is. But it’s a teaspoon, not a tablespoon. That’s where the dissonance comes from.

Just to be clear: I have taken no position on the issue of psychic phenomena. This board entertains people holding a myriad of beliefs, from the prosaic to the phantasmagorical, from the credulous to the skeptical. I find that many posters with whose views I am at complete odds are still worthwhile persons who display admirable traits outside (occasionally even within) the topics on which we disagree. You may, indeed, be one such, yourself.
However, the topic in this thread has been your behavior in a different thread, (behavior you are repeating, here), particularly as it related to the poster Ianzin. You have mischaracterized the actual statements that Ianzin posted and have, further, made insulting remarks regarding Ianzin, and have, finally, made false accusations regarding Ianzin’s manner of posting. It is in those actions that you have called down opprobrium on your own head. Your attempt to deflect that legitimate criticism by trying to portray yourself of a victim of group pressure does nothing to change your actions (not your beliefs) in the other thread. They simply make it appear as though you are petulantly rationalizing your behavior.

Very well, I give up. I choose Set B. I apologize, sincerely, to everyone including Ianzin.

Do me the favor, everyone, and accept it at face value. Otherwise, I will remember this.

I really, really hope you’re twirling a handlebar mustache right now.

Wait-is this the guy whose first posts here were about how he was predicting sports scores and weather or some shit like that?

Is that a threat?

I would hope that you would remember this, (although it appears from your post that you have not actually taken the lesson offered).

C’est la guerre.

“Bitch set me up!”

What lesson is that? I’m totally lost here.