Khadaji’s Whatcha Reading Thread - Sept. 2020 edition

I finished Piranesi over the weekend, and absolutely loved it. I expect it’ll be my best of the year. I don’t want to spoil anything so I’ll say only that although it isn’t about Narnia, I felt joyfully inspired to go on looking for forests in wardrobes.

I didn’t know where to go after that, so I decided to adhere strictly to reading my library books in the order of “most holds on them by other patrons”, which brought me to Solutions & Other Problems by Allie Brosh, of Hyperbole & a Half fame. It was mostly pictures, of course, and I zoomed right through it. It was…the opposite of a laff riot. I put it down once to cry a little bit. So, there were some okay parts…Allie Brosh is the greatest living animal artist in my opinion and any stories involving animals were worth it just to see those drawings. Then there were the heart-rending parts, if you’re in the mood for that…and then there were the WTF parts. Overall, I really didn’t enjoy this one. I added a star over at Goodreads to bring the status up to “it’s okay” just in case she looks at the ratings.

I wasted this morning on 50 pages of Even If We Break by Marieke Nijkamp, a rather tepid YA novel. I will gladly return it to the library now.