Kidnapped teen Hannah Anderson - does this story sound off to you?

This is sounding too familiar - a 12 year old Medicine Hat girl, with her older boyfriend, killed her family a few years ago. I’m not saying that is what happened here, but if you think young girls are immune to being sociopaths, you would be wrong.

She is certainly looking like a drama queen at this point.

Several of her friends said early on that she had confided in them that they thought DiMaggio was creeping her out.

I agree, some things about this just don’t add up, but I hope they don’t add up in her favor.

Her father had been living and working in Tennessee for quite some time (not sure why the family didn’t move there with him) and I’m sure he’s absolutely guilt-stricken over this, and had nothing to do with it either.

The ask.fm session doesn’t indicate anything to me but stupidity. To a girl her age, it’s the same as meeting her friends in person and talking about what happened. She probably doesn’t think of it as such a crazy thing to do because it’s a form of communication as valid as the telephone or letters.

I’m leaning towards her being uninvolved. Remember, Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard were out in public with their captors and didn’t alert anyone. I can see her just trying to pretend everything was okay, or being resigned to her fate with him.

Since this case crossed several state lines then it’s probably a FBI investigation?

It’s troubling that the Sheriff immediately made statements that the girl was nothing more than a victim. It takes time to get statements from her and other people. Do a proper investigation. She may be only a victim but check it out first. A mom and her son were beaten with crowbars and set on fire (maybe still alive?).

I feel better if the FBI is involved. They won’t stop the investigation just because the bad guy is dead.

Kidnapping is automatically an FBI case, regardless of the participants’ ages or how far they traveled.

Ok, the creepy vibe just got stronger for me.

It turns out that the kidnapper had $112,000 in life insurance, which he left to Hannah’s grandmother instead of to his own sister. Here’s the story.

He changed the policy two years ago. I don’t want to go all Nancy Grace on this case, but I have to wonder if Hannah knew about this policy.
Roddy

Not sure I understand your line of thinking. It doesn’t look like she conspired to kill her kidnapper.

Could she have set up death-by-cop?

For $112K?

To some people, that’s a lot of money. Or maybe it was just icing on the cake after getting rid of her annoying family.

To a (not so bright) 16 year-old, that’s all the money in the WORLD!

And why do they keep referring to the dead guy as “allegedly” doing all his naughtiness?

Jeez, I’m sick of this shit!

I can’t wait for the movie to come out. This story has every crazy angle imaginable.

Meanwhile the girl was at a fundraiser this past weekend. I’m not sure whats going on with this family.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57599338-504083/hannah-anderson-update-mother-of-rescued-calif-teen-died-of-head-injury-coroner-says/

Too bad she wouldn’t have seen any of it. Seriously, this theory makes absolutely no sense. The beneficiary was her grandmother.

She’s next.

The plot thickens!
After Grandma, she’s going after Dad.

A couple of thoughts. Her story could be absolutely true and it could also be absolutely true that she is a bit of sociopath. Or, she could be in shock. I’m inclined to go with the latter. Grief behavior doesn’t always make sense.

If he was obsessed with her, maybe he left the money to the grandmother… Nope, still doesn’t make sense.

What a mess.

Maybe he had a thing with the grandmother, too.

He was going to swap their souls! Do do do do…