Kidnapped teen Hannah Anderson - does this story sound off to you?

His house, eh? WTF? This is a crazy soap opera. And I can see how Uncle Jim might’ve lied to get her kidnapped. He was a trusted guy it seems. Maybe the rest of the kidnapping plan didn’t go to plan so the murders and fire happen followed by an impromptu Idaho camping trip?

Let’s get them there DNA test results! This is probably going to be morbidly intriguing at the very least, peeps.

Because he didn’t have a crush on him or the mother, just the daughter and they, in his mind, were probably collateral.

The CNN article summarizes everything quite well. I’m not sure the entire truth will ever be known.

This guy had a 20 hour delay timer that set off the fire after he left. He certainly had his crimes planned out.

Nissan Versa! Nissan Versa!

Demand or suggest? Either way it should be part of the FBI’s investigation.

Why should it be part of the investigation?

Motive.

The FBI matched the DNA from bone marrow in the child’s body to the father, and DiMaggio met the mom when she was pregnant with Hannah. The DiMaggio family is just mad about the insurance money.

A minor nitpick: Hannah doesn’t live in a “small town.” Lakeside is a smallish suburban city, part and parcel of the sprawling San Diego megalopolis.
“Boulevard”, where the killer lived (and the murders, fire took place) is very small and out in the sticks.
None of which has any bearing on your message, which I agree with.

The perpetrator is dead. Does motive matter?

Do we know for sure he is the perpetrator? The only perpetrator?
I don’t think it’s time to close the investigation just yet.

I was at work and can prove it. I don’t like your insinuation.:mad:

Of course it does. How else can you be certain he acted alone?

But you could have set the timer that caused the fire. Where were you 20 hours previous to the fire? :dubious:

Late to post but, from her pic on today’s news feeds—haven’t we all seen “that” face before? (Crocodile tears.) Added to the seeming acceptance of her mother’s and brother’s deaths makes me feel like there was some kind of complicity there. Maybe he wasn’t as smart as she is which is why he’s dead.

What makes me question her involvement is the torturing of her mother. You can make a case that he wanted them dead so that he could have access to Hannah, but that doesn’t explain why he tortured the mother before killing her. That is very personal, and I can’t imagine why he would have built that sort of rage against Hannah’s mother. Perhaps he did all of this because Hannah convinced him, either truthfully or untruthfully, that her mother was abusive towards her.

I must say, she doesn’t come off as particularly bright in the interview I saw.

I don’t even know what to say when I read things like this (and they are all over Facebook). Even if she had been having a sexual relationship with this guy, she’s still a victim. Occam’s razor, friends. What’s more likely:

A teenager spent *years *scheming and plotting, manipulating a close family friend through seduction to help her with her plan to off her mom and brother.

or

Some weird old dude wanted to fuck the pretty teenager and killed her family so he could tap that?

C’mon. Hoof beats. Zebras. And all that.

We really don’t know what the police are considering torture, at this point. It could be that he hit them a bunch of times to knock them out.

Otherwise, I’m at a loss as to why he would torture a little boy. Even crazy people don’t tend to go that far.

Yeah, she doesn’t seem unusually bright, but when being chased by a bear you only have to run faster than the guy behind you…
She could be totally innocent for all I know (of course this is all speculation) but the story unfolding so far does not seem cut and dried and new developments beg many questions.
But hold on and let me check Facebook to see what “I” think now. :smiley: :rolleyes:
At any rate, three people are dead—under “sensational” circumstances—and we wonder why.