Kids in the Hall 2022 (Amazon series)

I loved WKUK and still watch it on youtube all the time. (FWIW Trevor died a few years back. Got drunk and fell of a balcony, IIRC).

As for KITH, I haven’t watched the new one, but the other day I put on a couple of sketches and was surprised that my daughter said “That’s Glenn from Superstore”.
If you didn’t grow up watching KITH, I’m surprised you’d be able to notice that this 60 year old guy with a weird voice is the same as that 30 year old guy dressed up like a chicken.
Oh, and Dave Foley has a cameo as Glenn’s father (and not really related, but Kerri Kenney plays his wife).

If you’ve never seen Superstore, here’s his character from that.

The post apocalyptic Motormouth in the Morning and “Brand New Key” bit has to be the funniest thing I’ve watched in years. The look of utter resignation of Foley’s face is priceless.

As an EMT, the “ambublance” bit had me in tears.

I finished the episodes and I mostly liked them (I’ve never been a fan of “Hotel La Rut”). I didn’t expect the return of THE ERADICATOR!!

This one was my favorite. It reminded me of their old classics “sausages” and “every day we work in silence”. That dark off beat humor is 100% my style.

Wife and I just finished the final episode of this season, which we both enjoyed very much. We were sad as ep 8 was winding down, but then when it finished, the “next up” thingie in the corner was for a KITH series called “When Death Comes to Town” from 2010. That completely missed our radar, and we’re big enough fans that we saw them on their live tour around 8 years ago.

Anyway we watched the first ep of WDCTT and it was also KITH at their delightfully absurd and surreal best. A happy bonus to discover it!

For my job, I test automation for warehouses, so I sometimes create fake products so I have something to work with. A while ago I bought some empty pill bottles, printed some “Gleemonex” labels for them, and filled them with M&Ms.

I just watched the first episode, and I don’t think I laughed even once. I’ll give the next episode a shot though.

I’ve watched, I think, all of the original series; and while I enjoyed it, and appreciated what they were doing, and was amused by it, I don’t think it ever actually made me laugh.

I intend to watch this new series, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

We did the same thing, not as good as either the original sketch show or the new sketch show but still great KITH humor.

There is a FANTASTIC Kids In The Hall documentary that just came out on Amazon Prime called “Kids In The Hall: Comedy Punks.” It’s in 2 parts, stayed up watching the whole thing last night. A lot of video of their early days and behind the scenes of their show. It gets really deep into feelings from all the guys. We learn more about Scott’s cancer.

I wish it was twice as long but it’s still fabulous! Check it out!

Yeah, I found their humor delightfully anarchic and absurdist, but not really laugh-out-loud funny. I just watched the first episode of the new one and was, well, pretty meh about it. I’ll see if it gets any better. Possibly my sense of humor has changed in the interim, too. But, like the Pythons, I do remember KITH being extremely hit or miss. Hopefully, I’ll find some hits as I go on, and this is just a slow start.