Kinks fans: Any good post-1972 albums?

Saw the Kinks live many years ago, they had a magician on the bill and we were all supposed to wear fancy dress.

A very good night, would have been around the early seventies.

… And when you got there, everyone else was wearing normal clothes and you were the only one dressed as a duck.

That might have been the song that induced me to buy the album. It got a lot of airplay at the time. Something struck a chord with me. The intro with the low chord followed by the drums, maybe. And it was the Reagan/Thatcher Era. We were told tales of past greatness, and the '70s was a bleak era. So there we were in the '80s and ‘our castles were burned’. Reagan, in the U.S., and Thatcher, in the UK, come along and bring on the ‘blood and guts’. It was a song that fit the time.

I still turn up the volume when it comes up in rotation on the iPod, but nowadays I prefer Do It Again. As in the '80s, it seems to encapsulate the superficiality of modern Consumerism.

Damn !
I knew my past would come to haunt me.

And all of my frieeeends were there…

:smiley:
I didn’t want to let the thread go by without mentioning their obscure 1991 EP Did Ya. Two of its songs, Did Ya and Look Through Any Doorway, are IMHO among the best things the Kinks have recorded.