"Kiss my ass" [Romney and the press]

And so accurately . . .

Now that this clip has made the rounds on Comedy Central, I notice that one of the reporters made this exact point.

Reporter: “We haven’t had another chance to ask him questions.”
Gorka: “Kiss my ass. This is a holy site for Polish people.”

It’s sort of obvious that Romney isn’t answering questions because he is afraid of critical scrutiny. And his base loves him for it: within Republican circles the most respected hawks are chicken hawks. All talk and chatter.

Those of strong character expect others to stand up for what they believe, put forth solid evidence and shape their assessments by the goddamn facts.

From afar, it’s quite curious to see another US politician not speaking to the public - after all that’s what they do, via the press. It seems like GWB did this for most of his tenture, as well - apart from planted questions.

Politicians want to speak, speaking is part of their core business, it’s the way they seek to impress.

Romney feels more and more like a businesman with an agenda seeking election, just like GWB did. Very little feel or interest in politics or the world.

I don’t understand how this is state of affairs comes to pass.

WND, of course! :slight_smile:

Wow… so Romney’s handlers are going Palin on the public. Next all information will be filtered through a Facebook page and Twitter feed. (Mitt’s Twitts)

I’d never thought of our Tomb of the Unknown soldier as “Holy”, sacred maybe, but did the Catholic Church take control of their Tomb for Unknown soldiers?

And I agree… “Kiss my (bleep)” at a Holy place is just too good to not make headlines. Next stop, tantrum at the Vatican where Romney aids hurl insulting slurs about the mothers of reporters.

Most accurate statement from Romney’s London fiasco… “Worse than Palin and McCain knew it.”

I wish they’d express the sentiment to the public more often. Kiss my ass, suppressing the press is a holy Polish tradition!

Pronouncements from the pulpit, preferably by Joad Cressbeckler and preferably about lynching. None of them populist liberal technological advances, nosiree.

The country needs for him to not win though.

Just came across this:

I think we’ve been mis-parsing this statement. Gorka wasn’t saying that the tomb was a holy site for the Polish people: He was saying that the ass which the reporters had just been invited to kiss was a holy site.

It’s funny 'cause it would actually earn him votes in this country if he did it. Getting out of Russia afterward in time for the election might be a bit of a challenge. :stuck_out_tongue:

And why was it a fiasco? It was quite offensive, so it met its definition. :smiley: