Kitchen faucet help for 3/4" hex nut connectors?

Hello plumbing enthusiasts. I would like to replace my kitchen faucet, and searching has so far failed me.

For my currently installed and old faucet, the hot and cold water tubes that connect the faucet to the water supply under the sink, their connector hex nuts are 3/4" diameter. Today’s available kitchen sinks seem to have just 1/2" hex nuts.

Any suggestion? For example, is it possible to buy a new replacement kitchen faucet and also short, in between, connectors that connect to the 1/2" at one end and 3/4" at the other end? Thank you.

Sure there are all kinds of connectors. What kind of tubes do you have connecting to your old faucets? Are they flexible/braided, or solid copper…? Tell us more about exactly what you have.

My suggestion for this type of thing is to bring everything to the store, find someone and say “I have to make this connect to this, what do I need” and someone should help you, or if not, at least you have everything there.

But since you probably don’t want to pull the sink out and you can’d take the valves with you, take pictures and go to the store. Everything is standard sizes and the bog box stores (home depot/lowes) will have a bunch of hoses with all different fittings on each side. Find one that matches the valves and the faucet.

ETA;TLDR, Go to Home Depot, they’ll have the hoses that you need.

Thanks muchly, it does sound like there is a workaround. The connecting tubes are flexible, and they look like braided silver color, with the 3/4" hex nut on the bottom end.

I did try calling The Home Depot’s toll-free national number (phone tree hell, so I gave up). And the local The Home Depoter in plumbing was unhelpful over the phone. But this part of the world does have other plumbing suppliers.

You won’t get much help over the phone. They are more interested in dealing with people who are actually there in front of them (‘customers’), and it’s likely you don’t know enough about plumbing to clearly describe to them what you need.

Like Joey P said, go to a store with as much of the parts as you can bring.
One hint: for things you can’t disconnect & bring in, like pipes in the walls, take modeling clay or even play-dough and press into the end of the pipe, then carefully take that out and bring it to the store. The plumbing person will be able to look at that and quickly tell you the size, connection type, etc. that you need to match.

Pictures on a cell phone are also good, but be sure to include in the photo something that shows the size, like your fingers or a tape measure alongside the fixture.

Back before HD and Lowes i used local hardware stores. There was the plumbing guy, the electrical guy, the paint guy, the fastener guy and so on. Never had trouble finding a solution and the employees were actually experts and could and did show me how to do stuff. The Last one lost his business about two years after the big boxes came to town

Last time I was in a big box store, it was nearly impossible to find an employee who was barely awake. They did not know their stock, much less being able to give advice

Joey P has it right. Take the part with you or at least take a picture. PlumbIng parts are fairly standard and it should not be too hard to find what you need

Good luck and have fun i always hated working under the sink.

At a guess, you need something like this - 3/4 to 2/3 inch adapter.

If you’re replacing the faucet, just replace the supply lines. Old plumbing tends to be afflicted with a multitude of competing sizes and designs of fittings, but now, things are generally universal. Messing around with adapters only multiplies the likelihood of leaks.

Right, gotpasswords has the better idea, replace everything back to the shutoffs under the sink, including the shutoffs themselves, is usually the easiest way to handle that. Then you just buy whatever size shutoff valves you need for the faucet you want.

Thanks again to everyone. I bought 2 of the straight connector and they easily solved this mini-hassle.

I did think of the ruler-in-the-photos, but not of’s Play-Doh. Thank you. That was an important part of the local Ace Hardware’s easy-to-find solution, because all that the employee had to do was to use the Play-Doh’s impressions to verify the correct fit. (Good to know, I guess, that someone my age can go into the local toy store and buy Play-Doh without anyone’s eyebrow being raised. $3.99 for a white-yellow-orange-blue 4-pack that contains wheat, contient du blé, contiene trigo, contém trigo.)

Replacing “everything back to the shutoffs under the sink, including the shutoffs themselves” could be better, thank you, gotpasswords, and is more adventuresome than I would like to be now.

Why would any adult buying Play-Doh raise eyebrows? Any adult can have a child, grandchild, or other youth in their circle that can use the Play-Doh for its advertised usage.