KitchenAid mixer

[QUOTE=Uvula Donor]
Wait…when did KitchenAid and Hobart become separate companies?
[/QUOTE]

20 years ago. :wink: In 1986, KitchenAid was bought by Whirlpool. Cite.

For a month, I had the job of mopping the factory cafeteria every morning (oy!) They had a couple of huge floor-mounted Hobart mixers, the sort of thing you’d need for making 5,000 cookies. I daydreamed about putting my boss in one, and making a meatloaf out of him.

[QUOTE=Uvula Donor]
My KitchenAid stand mixer is 35 years old. I bought it ten years ago at a tag sale for $20 - the woman who sold it to me was getting rid of it because its yellow color didn’t match her newly remodeled kitchen.

I like the older models especially because the beaters are enameled cast iron. I noticed that beaters on the new models aren’t as hefty.
[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile: My Mom’s avocado KitchenAid lasted over 30 years. Pop kept futzing with the wiring when it would give out, and it worked steadily until its sad death. Mom’s got the white one now and loves the handle on the bowl, and the flour splatter shield.

[QUOTE=WhyNot]
20 years ago. :wink: In 1986, KitchenAid was bought by Whirlpool. Cite.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, just yesterday then. No wonder I missed it. :smack: :smiley: