L Studio Jon Anderson Video

Those of you who are Yes fans will like this especially. L Studio has a video up about Jon Anderson and how he would write eco-friendly songs long before it became the fab.

I love Yes and always liked Anderson’s voice… but the guy is truly dim.

As a teen, I’d read Yes lyrics and try to fathom their deep meaning… until I heard Anderson speak, and realized the guy was dumb as a post, and that his lyrics meant nothing more profound than “I only had 10 functioning brain cells BEFORE I started smoking massive quantities of weed.”

Thanks TupeloHoney! I’ve been a Yes fan since the beginning.

Astorian, while I respect your opinion, I have to disagree. Jon’s not stupid, he just puts importance in different things than the average Joe. Yeah, some of the Yes lyrics are just a juxtoposition of sounds and phrases, but on the other hand, many do have meaning.

I can’t help but respect Jon & Yes for giving us 40 years of uplifting music, something you don’t hear much of these days. He was caring about the Earth and its creatures long before anyone decided it was cool. He may be a little flakey for some people, but at least he is genuinely trying to bring a positive message to as many people as he can reach.

Dissing Jon Anderson is like plucking the wings off fairies.

Anderson is a lot flaky, but I’m a Yes fan thru-and-thru. And he is rather dim - not necessarily stupid, but all the lights aren’t on upstairs.

And if you can figure out the meaning in more than 1/2 their songs, pass me some of whatever you are having.

Say what you will about Jon Anderson, but he sounded pretty amazing in the video. Thought the video overall was a very professionally done interview.

Anderson always sounds amazing. I was hoping to see them this summer, but unfortunately, time is taking its toll on Anderson.

I thought the Ray Manzarek videos were pretty entertaining too, if anyone likes the Doors. He’s extremely talented on the keyboards.

I’m a big Yes fan and I don’t get the dim part and the confusion over the lyrics. They always made sense to me. Stop to think of it, Yogi always made perfect sense to me to. He comes across very new age and I’ll concede the flaky but he has been able to live a very different life from most. Very successful at what he loves doing without the negative side of fame. I seriously envy him. He has had a great life and just does mainly what he likes. His work with Vangelis was very good.

I’ll go out on a limb and gues that “And You and I” is one of the songs where the lyrics are strongly questions. I have always loved this part of it.
Sad preacher nailed upon the coloured door of time;
Insane teacher be there reminded of the rhyme.
There’ll be no mutant enemy we shall certify;
Political ends, as sad remains, will die.
Reach out as forward tastes begin to enter you.
That really did make sense back when I did acid. Now I have to strain to recall it.