Ladies, do you ever go commando while exercising?

I also don’t wear underwear while working out. Yoga pants and bike shorts don’t require anything underneath them.

IMO most technical-fabric workout clothes – especially spandex, but lined shorts, too – are semantically equivalent to swimsuits. You could wear underwear with, but that would defeat the purpose of it being a quick-drying garment.

As a data point, another non-underwear worker-outer

Wow. It never even occurred to me not to wear underwear when working out. I’m surprised how many ladies go without. Don’t you get… you know, chafing?

I own about 60 or so pairs of panties (thanks coupons and free promotions!). I own, at the most, 2 exercise leggings. I do not own a washer and dryer. So yes, I do wear underwear everytime I exercise.

Of all the things a poster named Karl might say, this one ranks right up there on the list of “Most Surprising.” But hey, I’m not here to judge. :slight_smile:

Horrible indeed.

I am not a fan of going commando, ever. I just started teaching [word that cannot be named for fear of flaming] fitness at my dance studio. I am shocked, I tell you, shocked, to learn that so many women do not wear underpants while working out. Dudettes. My face is going to be near your bottom half at some point if and when I have to spot you on a tricky move. Please, for the love of dog, all that is holy, and your dear instructor, put on some fucking underpants before you come into my class. Bleargh!

Note: A thong will suffice. Thank you.

No, I do not wear undies under workout gear. The outfit gets sweaty and gross, and will have to be removed right after a workout to be washed. Why needlessly make more laundry? Underwear is for when you are wearing an article of clothing for several hours and need to keep the outerwear clean. I like to wear my pants/jeans more than once between washings. Underwear is for this.

Nothing to add - just enjoying the Username/Thread Title combo here…:wink:

I never wear underwear when I work out. I wear what the OP describes. The fabric is breathable (so no risk of infection).

Dogzilla what is the problem with your students not wearing underwear? Is it a visual thing or smell thing?

I followed a commando bike rider up a sunny, sunny hill yesterday. Her tights were not nearly opaque as she believed. I was actually concerned that she might get sunburned in places that had never seen the sun (and I mean never). So given that my whole sample of transparent tighted women were commando, I can only assume that no one wears underwear while working out.

A thin pair of cotton panties, a thin pair of spandex shorts without padding and a cotton skirt or dress isn’t that heavy and a skirt or dress obviously allows for quite a bit of air flow. I live in New York though, so it’s not like I’m riding through incredibly hot weather the majority of the time.

No padding and my saddle is one of those with a deep indentation in the middle (not a cutaway saddle though), I have a flat commute though. 99.999% of the time I ride in street clothes however so I guess that’s why underwear while riding doesn’t bother me.

That’s what it all boils down to – if it’s works for you, nuttin’ else matters.

My new bike has one of those saddles. I’ll test it on my commute on Monday. I’m interested to see if that indentation makes a difference on what is delicately referred to as “soft tissue compression,” which is its own special torture apart from charing.

I hope your saddle works out well. Mine is a major improvement over the generic one that was originally on my bike.

No underwear when wearing close fitting workout gear like bike shorts or running tights. Yes to underwear if I’m wearing regular shorts or looser fitting sweats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachellelogram View Post

cameltoe is pretty unattractive.

It’s the camel, not the toe, that is determinant.

:rolleyes: You actually expect women to wear thongs while working out?? Yeah right, nothing nicer than having a tight piece of butt floss sawing away at you while trying to work out. :eek:

And anyway, how would wearing a tiny little thong make any difference anyway in what your hangup is with this?

If you don’t normally get yeast infections, you won’t get them by not wearing undies.
If you do normally get yeast infections, then, well, it doesn’t really matter.

You can all gross out right now, but I’ve never had a yeast infection and

I usually DON’T wear undies. Only on special occasions :wink:

Thanks for clarifying that. I was pretty sure that ‘V’ stood for ‘vagina’, and I didn’t want to think too much about the rest, except that it seemed like some kind of unpleasant medical or sanitary condition.