Lake Powell

If visiting Lake Powell, what are some good places to stay?

Page is probably your best choice. IMHO it’s a rather charmless town, but it has pretty much all the tourist amenities you need. Lots of 2-star hotels (and a few nicer ones), plenty of places to eat, a couple of good grocery stores, a Walmart, movie theater, etc. If you want to see Rainbow Bridge, the tours start down at Wahweap marina. The Glen Canyon Dam is right there, as is Antelope Canyon . Navajo National Monument and Monument Valley aren’t too far away. Heading west, there’s a visitor center for Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument in Big Water that’s worth a visit. I would recommend a visit to Lee’s Ferry, but 89 is closed between Page and 89A, and the detour makes it a long trip.

Oops, missed the edit window–The nicest place to stay would probably be the Lake Powell Resort. It’s right on the water…at least it was when I was there and the lake was full. I’ve also stayed at the Best Western, Courtyard and Quality Inn–they were all decent enough.

Here is a review I wrote on the Lake Powell Resort, but it’s been 7 years. I’ve stayed there twice, but not anywhere else on Lake Powell.

Go to Antelope Slot.