Last night's Archer (February 16, 2012)

‘Lo Scandalo’ (3.08)

*Malory turns to Archer and Lana for help when she finds herself in a compromising situation with the Italian prime minister. *

Oh man, that episode just slayed me. Great comedy, a good mystery and some character development.

“I need a pot of coffee just like I like my women; black, bitter, preferably fair trade.”

“Is Kreiger hard at work?”
“He literally might be, yes.”

:smiley:

“Too salty”
“Got a potato?”
“It’s not Christmas!”

“Sorry to disturb your…ah…”
“…ELEGANT dinner party for all the most ELEGANT people in New York!”

“Well, say what you will about him.”
“I did.”
“So once again you’re faced with the classic Irishman’s dilemma. Do I eat the potato now, or let it ferment so I can drink it later?”

“Once again you’re faced with the classic Irishman’s dilemma. Do I eat the potato now or let it ferment so I can drink it later?”

“Found it! Can I keep it?”

Don’t ask!!

Excellent episode. Bottle episodes are such a perfect fit for this show, since 99% of the joy of Archer is the way Archer, Lana, and Mallory are in a perpetual state of sniping at each other.

“He started introducing all these accoutrements quite gradually”

“Well, he’d have to. The thing is huge”

The entire dinner party scene with the fake accents just killed me.

Absolutely killed me.

Doubly loved because Cheryl actually is upper-class. So she was doing an over-the-top, extremely unconvincing portrayal of herself.

The dinner party was fantastic. Also like that tight grouping of bullet holes where Mallory “missed” the assailants.

Archer is a great ensemble show, and that’s why this episode was so good, compared to others that focus more on Archer apart from the others. There was plenty of time for the characters to bounce off each other. Also since there isn’t as much plotting to deal with there is a lot more room for the knd of riffing this show is so good at.

Something I missed: What were Archer and Woodhouse doing when his mother called? Woodhouse was standing on a coffee table in his shorts covered in, flour maybe? :confused:

Archer was throwing handfuls of flour at Woodhouse for… reasons unknown? Because he’s Archer, I guess and Woodhouse probably pointed his socks the wrong way in his sock drawer.

Anyone else catch the “I shall fetch a rug” callback to the dead hookerepisode?

Yep, that was a great episode, too.

Not just the hookers but also when they killed that U.N. guy.

Yeah, there were a few references to previous episodes. Something about how “every time we visit, we end up getting rid of a body.”

This is only the second time you’ve been here!

another quasi-subtle call-back is the reference to lana’s huge hands. they’re like cricket bats.

One of my favourite parts was “Doesn’t Italy use a King?” and the reference to the ambiguity of when exactly the show is set.

“Doesn’t Italy use a King?”
“No they don’t use a King”
“What year do you think this is?”
“I, ah, yeah exactly”