Last season of Curb your Enthusiasm

Why is exactly was the line moving so slow? That Larry had to provide water? Atlanta is a largely African American town.

Not sure I understand why being an “African American town” would mean a voting line couldn’t move slowly

The answer is necessarily political but Republicans in Georgia have deliberately made it difficult for people to vote, including by reducing the number of polling locations, even if this means people have to wait in line for hours to vote.

The line was slow moving because the polling place was too small to accommodate all the voters causing everything to back up. Larry gave the woman water because it was also hot and humid outside.

Incidentally, does the ban on giving food and water to voters waiting in line only apply to free food and water?

Andre Dickens is the Mayor of Atlanta. https://citycouncil.atlantaga.gov/ Seems pretty diverse.

Many of the changes were done at the state level. You have to remember that they don’t want people to vote.

Who is they?

Frankly, Republicans at the state level.

And the Republicans past a law preventing African American from voting in Atlanta? Im confused

This was addressed by NDP in post #4.

I’m beginning to think this isn’t about Curb Your Enthusiasm at all.

BTW, I thought the whole season was a neat reversal of the ending of Seinfeld. If you remember, Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and George were prosecuted for failing to act as Good Samaritans when someone was being carjacked. Meanwhile, in the finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry was prosecuted for acting as a Good Samaritan in providing water to someone waiting to vote.

Well I guess it could be moved by a moderator, into politics or something. Not sure of all the rules/
I got yelled at for a similar post in another thread

Who doesn’t want to have sex on the floor?!