Laura and START

Amen to that…

No, he said “just kidding” after he said it was pig’s blood.

BTW, START, you’re wanted in the Pit.

Actually, there’s no ecision making at all (or none that I can discern), only random fluctuations… (I don’t want her in the house then I like her, I bitch about her then I kiss her, I insist on coming with her at a party then I play video games, and so on…)

I would add the OP isn’t honest, nor reliable…

I see. Still think he’s a lying sack, though.

Sorry to say, START, but these “friends” seem like assholes. What else do you have in common with them besides a distain for Laura? That strikes me as supremely clique-ish and juvenile.

You can do much better than that in the way of friends. Seems like they are leading you down the garden path to your “old ways” of being mean to people for sport. You said you’d decided to act differently now, and that may mean not hanging out with people who still engage in this sort of behavior.

I think you’re a good kid, and no doubt high school can be rough. But there are way better kids out there than this Connor guy.

“So, Laura, how’d you two lovebirds meet?”

"Well, back in middle school he used to pick on me for laughs. Then we hung out alone for a little bit one day, and he won my trust . . . then a few days after that I said ‘hi’ to him in the cafeteria when he was with his friends, and he ripped into me again – I was so embarassed! God, he pretty much ruined my life for a couple of years there.

We fell out of touch for a while, then we wound up living in the same town during high school. Small world, huh? By that time I’d shed some weight and as well as much of my awkwardness, so he was a lot nicer to me. I was still pissed at him for that whole ‘ruining my life’ thingy, though, so I was horribly nasty to him at first. Eventually I decided that it wasn’t really fair to hold this grudge for so long, and we had a great heart-to-heart, and decided together that we should make a fresh start of things.

So, a couple of days go by, and he invites me to this party with this group of kids that hate me and always pick on me. I told him I didn’t want to go – several times, actually – but he just wouldn’t let up, and eventually I caved.

I was still convinced this was a bad idea, but when we got to the party it turned out . . . I was right! What a disaster! My date was busy playing video games, so I mingled and tried to make the best of it, but they just abused me horribly, finally dumping a bucket of water on me just for fun. I was crying my eyes out, humiliated beyond belief . . . good think ole’ lover-boy here had already given me some practice in this regard!

Obviously, I stormed out of there. After you’ve been humiliated like that, you just want to be alone, but START insisted on following me. I kept telling him to go back to the party but he just wouldn’t listen. I wanted to go home, but he wound up dragging me to the park so we could ‘talk’. I don’t know how it happened, but after talking for a bit we wound up making out. I think the punch at the party was spiked with acid or something, because I was definitely out of my goddamned mind.

Then he asked me out a few days later. Being an unstable, weak-willed, clueless emotional wreck, I, of course, said yes! yes! yes! Make me yours, you magnificent man who lights up my days and makes my life better! I think I’m falling in love!!!"
So, in short, cracker-jack advice for the young man there, monstro. I can’t think of any reason these two aren’t made for each other.

I don’t think that’s called for, Varlos. The party was horrible for her, but according to START, they ended it on a positive note.

Maybe you would advise Laura against going out with START. But I don’t see why START should be advised against going out with Laura, as long as she’s a willing participant. And based on this story, it sounds like she is.

Maybe the boy can learn how to not screw up in the future.

(START, you aren’t a screw up or a bad person, but you’ve got to stop posting these kinds of threads. They don’t make you look good.)

Because if she says yes then she’s crazy, and START shouldn’t be dating crazy people.

Seriously, though, he shouldn’t go out with her because, if START’s version of their history is accurate, their relationship has led to nothing but disaster so far. I just don’t think he has the capacity to be good for her, even assuming he has the intent.

Yes, but this poor girl shouldn’t keep suffering through the learning process.

The ugly nonsense stops here.

rilchiam and DarkSideOfTheFloyd, knock off the flaming outside of the Pit. Do not do it again.

START, your thread isn’t just in the wrong forum; it’s also one in a long line of attention-seeking attempts on your part. It’s gotten old. Either grow up or find a new board to post at.

This is locked.

TVeblen