lawnmowers etc.

Good for Cecil speaking out against the practice of lawn worship!
We had one neighbour whose belief was so cult-like that he watered for hours daily, even in the rain, to the extent his fence was moss-covered; then he mowed Saturday morning at 8am so that nobody could sleep. Ho,icide seems the only cure.
Our present home has a tiny urban lawn, which I am gradually digging up and re-planting with low-maintenance flowring bushes, bulbs (whick retain water, and perennials. It flowered gorgeously all last summer, uses little water, and needs no mowing :slight_smile:
When I was stuck with a suburban lawn, I got a Black and Decker electric lawnmower. A hundred-foot cord works fine and a prson with average intelligence can learn to flip it aside at the end of the row. Hydrolectric power solves the other pollution problem to a large degree.

Is this in regards to a particular column?
Powers &8^]

Welcome to the Straight Dope Message Boards, veronicalos, we’re glad you found us.

When you start a thread, it’s helpful to other readers if you provide a link to the column in question. There are thousands of 'em in the Archive, so the link saves searching time, and helps keep us all on the same page. In this case, I assume you mean: Could sheep replace the lawn mower? - The Straight Dope

No biggie, you’ll know for next time. If I’ve guessed wrong, please let me know by email and I’ll be glad to amend this post. And, as I said, welcome!

I don’t think that article relates, I could be wrong.

My guess at column:
Does using a gasoline powered lawn mower produce as much pollution as driving an SUV 300 miles?