Lawyer sues to block Obama from presidency as a non-native citizen (2)

Undetermined, but the damage is already done: he can forget about being re-elected.

[QUOTE=Marley23]
We have unlimited editing power.[\QUOTE]

Unlimited editing power corrupts editing … er, unlimitedly.

The mods have the same mandate as the Istari !
:eek:

Strictly speaking, the document affirming Obama’s live birth is not a copy of his birth certificate. An actual birth certificate contains a lot more information than what was presented. So to say it is a forged birth certificate is absurd.

Bell curves have two bottoms. One is the genius end, the other is the moron end. So you need to be more specific.

But actually, looking at that website, it’s clearly not the genius end shown there!

My actual birth certificate, the original one that was issued to me, doesn’t contain much information at all.

Other than my name, date of birth, and sex, there’s nothing on it beyond a signature.

So, how can you be sure that birth certificates always contain more information than that?

My kids’ Birth Certificates look about the same as what’s on Obama’s website.

YMMV, of course, since each state & province sets its own rules, but the system I’m familiar with has two forms: the “registration of live birth” that the parents file with Vital Stats, and the “birth certificate”, which is then issued by Vital Stats. The registration of live birth has more information on it than is set out in the birth certificate.

Well, they used to show your race.

It’s good that I’m not on a judge because if I had to rule on either of the claims that a McCain or Obama weren’t really natural citizens my comments would begin, “Oh, ferchrissake!” And the plaintiff might end up in irons.

Mine does not. My sister’s, issued two years after mine, does.

Hers also lists parents and a couple of other things that mine doesn’t. I think the information contained really depended on who was typing them up at Vital Statistics.

Having nothing better to do, I read the full text.

Sounds to me like he has a valid complaint. The issue will be 1) whether this is even allowed to go to court and 2) if it does, can he prove his allegations?

Boy, won’t this open a major can of worms if it proves to be true?

WTF do you think is valid about the complaint? Obama was born in Hawaii. The end.

Well, for one, I don’t think it’s referring to the same Obama that we are. Perhaps, some kind of Obama robot, or creature, or something.

Seriously, this thing doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Unless Berg can show some kind of evidence that Obama’s mother explicitly renounced her U.S. citizenship.

According to the U.S. Dept. of State (bolding mine):

Furthermore (bolding mine, again):

IANAL, and this is still pretty straightforward.

I haven’t seen any evidence that his mother accepted Indonesian citizenship. Did she? I’ve always understood the argument to be that the mere act of marrying an Indonesian citizen and moving to Indonesia caused loss of U.S. citizenship. She “expatriated her citizenship,” whatever the hell that’s supposed to mean.

I’ll address Kenya briefly: Obama could have had Kenyan citizenship. Here’s what the Kenyan constitution has to say:

Clothahump, would you mind letting us know why you consider the complaint to be valid?

I confess, I’m kind of curious about the McCain issue, simply from a ‘okay, how does this work’ perspective. Is that an ex post facto law of the legal sort?

There are people who believe that if an American citizen marries a citizen of another country and then moves to their spouse’s country, s/he loses American citizenship. Hell, there are people who believe that if an American citizen simply moves to another country, s/he loses American citizenship. These people are somewhere between “extremely mistaken” and “complete idiots”.

It is, in fact, nearly impossible to accidentally lose US citizenship, and has been for some time.

As usual, the Master provides good reading on this type of thing, too.

Doesn’t matter what his mom did about her own citizenship; the man was born in Hawaii, a constituent State of the United States of America, and there is no proof that he has renounced his citizenship.

Furthermore, the man has zero control over how other nations determine who is or is not a citizen of said nations.

I sure hope that floating a case this asinine somehow contravenes the lawyer’s canons and the jerk gets disbarred.

I speculate that courts will decide that the question of whether or not a particular person meets the constituonal requirements for being president is for Congress to decide when they count the electoral votes come January.