Lawyers for Trump campaign want off a discrimination case

So this doesn’t affect Trump directly, but a former Trump campaign worker is suing the campaign alleging discrimination, after she was fired in 2016, allegedly for revealing that she had a relationship with Trump campaign guy Jason Miller and got pregnant.

The lawyers for the Trump campaign applied to withdraw.

After a closed door session, the judge declined to let them withdraw, for now. They have to provide more information by Tuesday in support of their application.

Things that make you go “hmmm”.

Just to make sure I’m understanding this clearly, the lawyers who are seeking to withdraw from the case are the law firm that was hired to defend the Trump campaign? They have no direct connection with the alleged discrimination? They’re just lawyers saying they no longer want to represent this client?

If so, my early guess is some early bills they have submitted to the campaign have gone unpaid and they want to get out before they sink any more work into a client who they feel is not going to ever pay them.

That was my thought as well.

Additional detail:

She told LaRocca, Hornik to tell her if it was asserting a lien on the campaign for its work, and whether each of its clients consented to the withdrawal.

In addition to the Trump campaign, the firm represents the other defendants in Delgado’s suit: Reince Priebus, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon, all of whom held top positions in the Trump White House.