Leaked report of Russian blackmail of Trump

Actually there is only one - he won the election, and the side that lost is fishing for something.

If Hillary had won, it would be coming from the Republicans, and be about how she was in bed with the Saudis.

Regards,
Shodan

Do you really believe that the fact that Trump lied about not knowing Putin, that Flynn has just resigned for lying about what he said to the Russian ambassador, and that a myriad of other possible (and proven) connections between the WH and Russia exist, have nothing to do with this speculation? I’m not saying it’s proven, but do you really believe that the speculation is based on literally nothing aside from Trump having won the election?

Hyperbole is thrown around on this board a lot by liberals. I think your post is also hyperbole. Some of the criticism of Trump regarding Russia is based on nothing but that he won. But all of it? Isn’t that just silly?

Good point! Both sides do it! Hillary got in bed with the Saudis, all GeeDubya ever did was hold hands, maybe first base. Good catch there, Shodan!

After what happened to Vince Foster, who would get into bed with Hillary? Even Billy didn’t want that job.

No, YOU are the puppet!

(Couldn’t resist.)

No, it’s still speculation anyway.

And it’s worth noting that some of the speculation is piled on top of itself. Meaning, that it only has this connotation because you’re already convinced from other speculation that there’s something to it. For example, there’s nothing inherent in Trump not releasing his tax forms that’s points specifically to anything Russia-related. But to a guy who is already convinced that Trump is hiding something about Russia, that’s “evidence” of something shady involving Russia, as you can see from this thread. And the same goes for all sorts of other “evidence”.

Just for old times’ sake, the pix.

Wow. How many here soft soaping this were leaping up and down about the shadowy terrors of clinton?

It was not speculation that trump said he would release the tax returns, that everyone does, and that he has not. That is all that is needed. No more speculation about anything. First we get the tax returns and then we make our next logical inferences. Nobody here cares or wants there to be a russia connection. We just want the fucking returns.

How about, FP, stop speculating about what we want and why? You don’t have a clue. Your argument is leading down into a tiny little burrow. It is transparent and not worth the time of an intelligent adult.

I’ve not engaged in any speculation about what you want and why. You have me confused with Shodan.

But now that you bring it up, I’ll note FTR that I agree with him about the primary motivation of all the Russia speculation. It’s a little bit of smoke, compounded by a massive desire to malign Trump in every way you possibly can.

And after all the utmost respect and consideration that was given to Obama over the past 8 years too. Shameful!

Perhaps another Benghazi investigation would even out the balance sheet.

Anyway, Trump is doing a good enough job all by himself to malign Trump in every possible way.

Agreed. You would think people would let him take care of it all by himself, but apparently the desire to pile it on even more is too strong.

Works out for me on this MB. I take a pretty dim of Trump for the most part, which might make discussions with people who share that viewpoint somewhat pointless and boring. But the presence of all these people who seem to think Trump is worse than Hitler, Stalin, and Ghengis Khan combined can create some discussion points of greater interest. Sometimes.

I can understand, then, why you responded to that statement in advance by saying:

You just can’t help yourself. :smiley:

How about the presence of hyperbole? There’s plenty of hyperbole on the Trump-critical side, for sure… but I think you just hyperbolized the hyperbole. Hyper-hyperbole, perhaps?

No, there’s a huge difference between hyperbole which is just a colorful way of saying things but is intended to be understood as hyperbole, and “hyperbole” which is by all indication what the speaker/writer genuinely believes.

Okay… but sometimes it’s genuinely difficult to see which type of hyperbole is intended.

True. But if you see the guy passionately arguing at great length in favor of his position that’s generally a tipoff that he means it for real. :slight_smile:

This right here is speculating on why anyone would want to see his returns and tying it to russia. We want the fucking returns. Then we decide what else we think. Got it?

No.

So, you’re not saying that people here think Trump is as bad as Hitler, etc. Got it.

So then, what DID you mean, that that statement was an exaggeration of?

You see, that’s the problem. When you’re accusing other people of overreaching, and then you do the same thing, but you’re just kidding, you just make a muddle of any attempt to try to find out what you’re really saying, and take that on.

Which makes engaging with you (or the attempt to do so) a good deal less worthwhile.

I meant that they’re exaggerating Trump’s faults.

I can engage with people who can recognize and understand obvious hyperbole when they see it. If it’s a problem for you, then pass on my posts and engage with people that you find more worthwhile.