Lena Heady cast as Cersei Lannister

Theon is a smug, self-entitled jerk. The actor looks the part.

I’m going to cop to my own hypocrisy and admit that while I would never say this out loud because I have no place to judge anyone by their looks, I don’t think any of the young girls are pretty enough (Sansa especially is supposed to be a great beauty – I loved the fantasy casting favorite, Rachel Hurd-Wood, for this part).

Joffrey, too. Mercy.

The girl playing Arya looks tomboyish but not like a budding bad-ass killer. The Kingslayer doesn’t look as I pictured but as they say the plays the thing. Looking forward to seeing it.

My fantasy casting for Jaime Lannister was Alexander Skarsgard. Another dream dashed.

I don’t recall seeing the guys work but that pic definitely embodies Jaime to me.

I was rooting for Paul Bettany, myself.

Right, but I still got the impression that he was somewhat old. Maybe that is just 13-year-old Dany’s perception, though.

A little too Fabio for my taste.

Looks like a good lineup, all in all. I’ve been hoping they get Patrick Stewart to play Tywin Lannister and Ed Harris to play Stannis Baratheon… hey, it could still happen.

Wow, I thought they’d end up ditching half the characters, but it doesn’t look like it. So they’re going to need three different locations/sets for The Wall, Kings Landing and Drogo’s encampment (apparently Morocco, looking at the list of filming locations) and an ensemble cast for each place. This is going to cost some pretty serious $$.

Eh, I hope its good, but I’m pretty skeptical. I didn’t really like the Tudors, and I think this will end up being being more or less the same show with less sex and more gore (almost literally a prequel, really, since the books are more or less inspired by the War of the Roses).

I’m pretty excited about this. If I can’t have another book at least I have a miniseries.

I’m annoyed that Dany is in her 20s, but the actress looks a lot like I pictured her, just older. I don’t see what the problem is with portraying sex between a 20-something and someone who’s *playing *a 13-year-old. Its HBO after all. Decades ago we had Pretty Baby and Taxi Driver with actual child actresses… Now we’re so scared of adult/teen sex we can’t even be historically accurate? They could have at least cast someone who looks like she’s in her teens.

Jorah Mormant is in his 40s and balding in the books.

I never thought Arya was meant to be ugly per se - her father told her she looked just like his sister Lyanna, who was a famous beauty. It’s just that she has the narrow Stark face, usually looks sullen, and was always an unkempt tomboy.

Joffrey is NOT what I was imagining, LOL!

I am thrilled Dinklage is Tyrion, I have the biggest crush on him. But I hope they ugly him up a lot, it would be dumb if Tyrion was handsome.