Let me be real clear: this message board does NOT need conservatives

First off, this is classic well-poisoning. You asked me a question about my post, which is fine. But then you poison the well by saying that any response is clearly just a rationalization—i.e. untrue. This is a dishonest style of debate, and you should stop.

If I ignore that part, then the answer is this: You need to read what people actually say. There are three important words in that quote that you seem to be ignoring. “if you think.” So I am not talking about my own belief. I am pointing out the flaw in his belief.

And, here’s the thing: You just did the exact same thing. You were debating my argument, even though you did not agree with it. So you clearly do understand the concept of arguing with what someone else said without claiming it yourself.

So the only good-faith interpretation is that you didn’t read my post carefully. I will give you a chance to apologize for that.

As for the topic of whether we need the Pit, that is clearly a topic for a different thread. You should not attempt to hijack this one to push your own hobby horse. Though I will say this much: you quoted someone else, not me. I’m not required to defend other people’s arguments.