Let me be real clear: this message board does NOT need conservatives

His statement was badly written. The second sentence doesn’t contain a defined subject, therefore I thought “where the stuff was made” and “most murderous state in history” were referring to the US, the only State given a name.

Had the second sentence began with ‘in China, where the stuff is made’, as opposed to the vague ‘where the stuff is made’, there would not have been confusion.

My bad.

(You should still see a shrink, Octo.)

First, go fuck yourself and the insurrectionist you rode in on, you disingenuous gaslighting asshole.

Actually, I’m pretty sure @Sam_Stone, much like @DemonTree, has me blocked. I can’t say I blame them, since I keep whacking their fragile butts with the hickory stick of objective reality and they’re probably tired of not being able to sit down. So this really isn’t addressed to him except that he brought up China.

The Democratic Party, and the current administration, have a rather traditional stance towards China, generally similar to the stance the US has typically had towards any adversarial country that we maintain diplomatic relations with. We work with them in areas where our interests align, and oppose them in areas where they don’t. Once you get into specifics this approach does leave a lot of room for controversy, as everyone doesn’t agree on how our interest align …or don’t.

But I have no doubt that they are acting in good faith and working towards what they consider to be the best interests of the United States. They may be wrong sometimes, they may pull some epic blunders, but the underlying philosophy is sound.

The Republican Party, and the last administration viewed their China policy as both a bludgeon they could use to punish their domestic political rivals and an opportunistic “carrot” they could use to personal enrich the political cronies of the President and high level administration officials. Nothing more, nothing less.

The tariffs were a joke, punishing American consumers way more than China, all in the interest of overheating a job market that really didn’t need to be overheated. Trump could talk tough about China, but his goal with such talk was nothing more than the sweet satisfaction of getting Xi’s tongue up his butt.
Remember when Xi gaslit Trump into believing Covid was no big deal?

In the meantime, Jared and Ivanka were cozying up to a Chinese spy.

One of Trump’s best friends was illegally lobbying the White House on behalf of Chinese nationals

Elliott Broidy Pleads Guilty for Back-Channel Lobbying Campaign to Drop 1MDB Investigation and Remove a Chinese Foreign National | OPA | Department of Justice

Trump’s Secretary of Transportation -Mitch McConnell’s wife- is the daughter of a wealthy Chinese businessman-. This is widely known and created multiple conflicts of interest which she exploited.

But she committed several ethical violations by using taxpayer dollars to have her staff to work on behalf of her father……including promoting his book. Outrageously, she excused this blatant corruption by citing Chinese culture and “filial piety”. “I have to be corrupt, or else I will disrespect my corrupt father.” What the hell, it worked for Ivanka.

The Republican Party has no platform, values or unifying traditions. They used to have such things, but they threw it all away. Instead, they have pledged to go wherever Donald Trumps intuition leads them. While some of them may occasionally support a traditional value like free markets or personal integrity, they’ll gladly throw it to the wind if they can hurt a liberal or put a dollar in Donald Trump’s pocket. That’s all that they care about anymore.

I have never blocked a single person on this board. I didn’t respond to your gish-gallop of a list of ‘possible trump crimes’ because it looked to me like you simply listed every possible crime that could even remotely have been broken - not crimes which have been seriously prosecuted against him.

Plus, your reactions to me are almost always nasty, so it’s hard to give you the benefit of the doubt.

A more practical reason why I don’t always respond - the responses to me go about 10-1 to my comments, and there aren’t enough hours in the day.

Ah lovely projection. We Republicans are only interested in power for its own sake and would gladly sit back watch hundreds of thousands of Americans die, and the credit of the United States go up in dust in order to get another 2 years in office, means that the Democrats must have the same motives.

He’s just not very bright.

Oh no… it’s not projection. It’s factual. That’s why one can leave a woman to drown and still be the lion of the senate.

How long has Ted been dead now, octo? Over a decade, eh? Maybe it’s time to find some new schtick.

Exactly. The modern American conservative (or wannabe like Sam) has no credibility about anything. If all a conservative does is parrot things from Fox etc, that’s a red flag that they’re not dealing with reality. Even if they claim to hate Trump, they’re still not worth listening to or debating with. When your first argument showing we “need” conservative is about Hunter Biden, that pretty much proves we don’t need you or your viewpoint. It would be funny, if it wasn’t so pathetic.

If you want to be taken seriously. get out of the Fox News bubble. Join the rest of us in reality before claiming we need you. Until then, kindly fuck off.

Chappaquiddick was over 50 years ago, but they just keep bringing it up. Lets face it, it’s all they’ve got.

I’m trying to imagine how Trump would have handled it. I can guarantee that it wouldn’t have involved a news conference in which he used the phrase “I regard as indefensible the fact that I did not report the accident to the police immediately,”

He would probably say that the last he saw of her she seemed distress when he rebuffed her adcances and although he tried to calm her down she pushed him out of the car and into the river. She must have decided to kill herself after he started walking home. Any claims by the police that she was found in the passenger’s seat is fake news. He would then proceed to call her a loser psycho and trash her character.

10 years and time to forget? Lol.

Wait, it’s about a quarter til - time to talk about commies again. #Chairman Joe.

Spoken like a true sociopath.

If you’re conceding that Trump may have broken all those laws - as you have - then it’s not a Gish Gallop, is it? Your post hoc goalpost movement doesn’t change that.

Shit, the ratio between calling anyone to the right of the commies a Nazi and someone calling literal communists communists on this board is just shy of TREE(3) and 1.

You just like to revel in your ignorance don’t you? C’mon man! Cut the malarky!

Potty mouth!

…says the person who claims people marching in the street with swastika flags aren’t Nazis but everyone to the left of Grover Norquist is a “communist”.

No ignorance here. Your sociopathy is well-substantiated.

That’s a trifecta of WRONG!

:frowning:

So, Captain Idiot, how did this end up going?

That there are more idiots on the right wing side. BTW, I was correct about you relying on arguments by popularity, it does not make them to be right.

That’s all you have to say for yourself? The usual low-intelligence misunderstanding of an issue no one but you brought up (no, predicting who is going to win an election is not what an “appeal to popularity fallacy” is)?

You realize that you are the absolute emblem of what happened here? The fact that some Trump-fellating idiot is in charge of the Virginia national guard during the next coup attempt, that a state where Biden won by OVER TEN POINTS a year ago couldn’t hold a Democratic statehouse, is totally on people like you? That McAuliffe lost SIXTY POINTS with independent voters on education since September 15 due to the intransigent nonsense about schools spouted by your clones in Virginia?

Here is the Democrats’ problem in Virginia, as exemplified by you: Their strategy was composed of lying brazenly, knowingly, and repeatedly, as part of a conscious, centrally directed effort to refuse to engage in discussion of their policies or behavior.

You cannot pay a $350,000 invoice marked “critical race theory training”, as the Loudoun County school board did, and then put forward the intentional, knowing, lie that “critical race theory is not taught in public schools.”

You cannot publish a page stating that public school teachers should read Ibram Kendi in order to become better teachers of critical race theory as the Virginia Department of Education did in 2015 when Terry McAuliffe was governor before, and then put forward the intentional, knowing, lie that “critical race theory is not taught in public schools.”

You cannot run for office as a prosecutor on a platform of “prison abolition” and then try to put a man in prison for attempting to address a school board about his daughter being raped at school, then claim that “prosecutors don’t investigate crimes” when challenged on it, as the Loudoun prosecutor did.

You cannot say in public that you have no knowledge of a serial rapist being repeatedly protected and enabled by the school system because he has a gender identity, when you sent emails earlier that day discussing the case and the rapist by name, as the Loudoun superintendent did.

You cannot mobilize your network of media apologists to claim that “it doesn’t count as rape if they were dating before” without people noticing how disgusting and hypocritical this argument is.

You cannot launch an all-out war on merit-based admissions to gifted programs, advanced math education, and Asian immigrants and then claim that the people affected are somehow “not allowed” to notice what you are doing or vote against you as a result.

You cannot label 54% of a state that has voted straight-ticket Democratic in EVERY election since 2009 as “white supremacists” and claim that no one actually wants high-quality schools, safe children who don’t get raped in the bathroom, or education in real topics as opposed to race war training, with it all just being a pretext for “white supremacy” including when nonwhites and lifelong Democrats ask for these things.

You cannot consistently advocate the idea that the control of school boards by far-left ideologues is a divine right, and that parents seeking to be involved in the democratic process or aware of the content of their children’s education are uppity interlopers who deserve to be prosecuted as terrorists.

Democrats want to accuse everyone else of being secret agents of some agenda, but they do so by repeating a coordinated lie, word for word, that comes from a Democratic Party strategic playbook. You are the one who doesn’t sound like a real person thinking for yourself - you write yourself off as a political operative while accusing parents with no affiliation to any cause beyond their children’s futures of being part of a conspiracy.

Refusing to engage with an enormous grassroots movement against the destruction of Virginia schools -a phenomenon called “critical race theory” - by simply repeating ad nauseam the knowing, calculated lie that “critical race theory is not taught in public schools” got you here. If you want to avoid similar losses in 2022 and 2024 then you better reverse course.

Condemn critical race theory. Agree to remove it from public schools. Never, ever again write off anyone complaining about it as a liar or a white supremacist.

Condemn racial quotas in admissions.

Condemn the false god of “equity” that insists all students deserve the same, shitty education and reaffirm a commitment to level-appropriate, safe schools for everyone.

Leave the absolute disaster that is Atif Qarni, Terry McAuliffe, Karen Keys-Gamarra, and the rest of the experiment with making Democrats the party of anti-education behind. Cut ties, fire them, apologize, and find better issues to run on.

Do these things or keep losing and end up with another Trump term. Your choice. After tonight there’s no more arguing about it except from people with a wish for self-destruction.