I just saw Perfume last night. Talk about bait & switch. It stunk like shit.
Copland had nothing to do with the life of an American composer who incorporated folk songs and jazz into his works, and everything to do with Sylvester Stallone as a fat deaf policeman.
I didn’t mind seeing Bridge to Terabithia, enjoyable enough film, but I do feel it was not at all what I expected given the advertising.
[QUOTE=Justin_Bailey]
I had never read the book (or even known the book existed), but the trailer for Freedomland hinted at some kind of supernatural explanation to the kidnapped kid storyline. Instead, it was two hours of Samuel L Jackson trying to prevent a race riot with a missing kid as a background plot.
[/QUOTE]
And I thought Freedomland was about a defunct amusement park.
The Man Who Loved Women was marketed as a slapstick comedy, and while there were a few slapstick scenes, it was generally a gentle musing on the nature of love and of male-female relationships.
[QUOTE=vetbridge]
I just saw Perfume last night. Talk about bait & switch. It stunk like shit.
[/QUOTE]
The book by Süsskind is marvelous. One of the top five of the 20th century. Try it.
“Prick Up Your Ears” was a thoroughly misleading title.
[QUOTE=Valgard]
“Prick Up Your Ears” was a thoroughly misleading title.
[/QUOTE]
But the Family Guy episode gives you exactly what you expect.
[QUOTE=Valgard]
“Prick Up Your Ears” was a thoroughly misleading title.
[/QUOTE]
Ouch. That’s gotta hurt.
Sideways was advertised as a comedy. It wasn’t funny.
The secret is to drink a little wine while watching the film.
[QUOTE=Autumn Almanac]
The new Transformers. I was expecting an intense action movie with a few gags and one-liners thrown in; the actual movie is more of a slapstick comedy with some incidental robot action.
[/QUOTE]
Wow, where is that one playing? It doesn’t seem anything like the one I saw…
Outland: supposedly a scifi thriller; actually simply a remake of High Noon
“Little Miss Sunshine” was written up in our cable guide as a “fun, whacky road movie.”
Well, no, it was a depressing look at a dysfuctional family. It’s not that it was a comedy that failed to be funny. It was that there was no indication that it had ever even attempted to be funny. The only pleasure to be had from that movie was schadenfreude.
The Color Purple – hey, waitaminnit! All these people are brown!
[QUOTE=Charlie Tan]
The book by Süsskind is marvelous. One of the top five of the 20th century. Try it.
[/QUOTE]
There is absolutely no way this sentence is true.
Some flick in the past year was advertised as the story of the world’s worst serial killer. It was about a killer crocodile somewhere in Africa.
[QUOTE=RealityChuck]
And I thought Freedomland was about a defunct amusement park.
[/QUOTE]
To be fair, the book was largely set in the titular defunct amusement park, where
the kid was buried
although I gather it disappeared somewhere in the transition to the screen.
[QUOTE=Kozmik]
The secret is to drink a little wine while watching the film.
[/QUOTE]
With enough alcohol, every film is a comedy.
I feel sorry for any parents who rented Wonderland for their kids, expecting tea-party hijinks and talking caterpillars.
[QUOTE=VCO3]
There is absolutely no way this sentence is true.
[/QUOTE]
Which of the three sentences were you referring to?
Evidently, this one:
[QUOTE=VCO3]
There is absolutely no way this sentence is true.
[/QUOTE]