Liberals, I need some suggestions (re: Anne Coulter)

Also, questions were limited to 30 seconds and mine came well under the time limit. Her response was a good 10 at best, not including the blank pause… god how I savor that moment.

Well, I’ll certainly grant you that she serves a fringe viewpoint. I myself prefer Michelle Malkin if I have to pick someone to express conservative viewpoints without the “looney” element…

[ot]

Ann Coulter is a son of a bitch.

One time I was with Ann Coulter in the back of a pickup truck, along with a live deer. Coulter goes up to the deer and says, ‘I’m Ann Coulter! SAY IT!’ Then he manipulates the deer’s lips in such a way as to make it say, ‘anncoulter’ … It wasn’t exactly like it, but it was pretty good for a deer!’"

Ann Coulter would eat a homeless person if you dared her.

Ann Coulter’s poop is used as currency in Orange County, California.

Ann Coulter sweats Gatorade.

Ann Coulter once breast-fed a flamingo back to health.

I once saw Ann Coulter scissor kick Angela Landsbury.

Ann Coulter sheds her skin once a year.

I once saw Ann Coulter eat a whole live chicken.

Ann Coulter is a two ton man-mountain who could palm a medicine ball=.

Ann Coulter once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road.

They found $60 in change in her stomach.

Ann Coulter grew a 3rd arm and kept it in a vault.

Ann Coulter drank a full glass of liquid LSD with her eggs. Then she slept for 8 months straight. When she woke she rubbed her eyes and said, ‘All in all, I prefer gin.’"

She once inhaled a seagull.

Ann Coulter killed Wolfman Jack with a trident.

Ann Coulter uses the Shroud of Turin as a golf towel.

Ann Coulter once ate the Bill of Rights while water skiing.

Ann Coutler drives a Ford Excursion covered in human skulls.

Ann Coulter shoots whiskey into her neck with a syringe.

Ann Coulter jogs with a fridge on her back.

Ann Coulter orchestrated the merger between UNICEF and Smith & Wessen.

Ann Coulter went public with her own buttocks and made $7 million.

Ann Coulter once hosted the Grammys and gave every award to Sonny Bono.

Ann Coulter was ranked 18th in the AP College Football Pool.

Ann Coulter directed that commercial where the women play basketball in high heels.

All the ‘Yes’ album covers are Coulter family photos.

[/ot]

Of course, the preceding are not true.

Seriously … how about asking her if she believes that the two-party system should be abolished, or of she would be happier if the United States was a one-party state with only Republicans in charge?

She’ll have a hard time saying “no,” but I expect that she’d counter with an answer like “We have to have Democrats … after all, there’s got to be someone to make fun of.” You could respond with “Yeah, someone to SLANDER.”

Actually, I think that one is true.

I think the question that most exposed was, “Why is American life more valuable than the life of foreigner to you?” Her response was because she’s an American, and why should she care about anyone else. Anyone not privileged to live in this great land can rot for all she cares. That was the pervasive message she is spreading. Everyone is out for themselves and America has every right to stoop to anything to get what it thinks its needs, be it political influence, economic power, or the perception of domestic security.

It’s that attitude of supreme self interested, that belief that its okay to oust democratically elected leaders and replace them with brutal dictators to protect our grasp on oil that got us into this mess to begin with. Meanwhile legions of war chanting Americans are calling for Saddam’s head like that’s going to make 50 years of f-ed up sh-t go away. These people live in a state of perpetual war already, what’s one more?

The point I was trying to make regarding Viet Nam was that sometimes it doesn’t matter how many millions of their sons you kill, how many of their trees you poison, some people would rather fight until the very last man rather than lay down to an aggressor. Bush and Coulter think police work and a few quick but massive, shock and awe, military campaigns are going to KO the terrorists in 3. I see them cutting off the head of a hydra.

cainxinth: props to you. It’s great to see someone get a victory over a bitch like her, particularly under such difficult circumstances.

Kudos!

Thanks Gex.

If anyone is interested here is the story by the school paper on her speech:
http://www.dailyorange.com/news/387321.html?mkey=536778

As mentioned in the article Coulter did spend a lot of time yelling at liberals over racial profiling, which is something myself and many liberals agree with in measured usage.

Al Franken was brought here by the college Dems a week ago. He was terrific. He made a joke about profiling, saying, if 12 Jewish comedians had bombed the WTC and the FBI wanted to question him, he’d have no problem and would offer to grab that Seinfeld bastard for them too.

IIRC, Maher was specifically challenging her absurd assertion – capped by a handshake bet – that Bush scored twice what Bill Bradley did. Although Bradley’s verbal score of 485 is lower than Bush’s 566, it’s not possible that his combined score was twice Bradley’s.

Small exaggeration on Coulter’s part? Well, she defended her literal position with such vehemence that it clearly wasn’t a small thing to her. Reality is just what you show and tell people often enough, and in her case, she certainly thinks if she lies often enough, the truth will stop being so uppity.

Impossible? Not really, unlikely, almost certainly, but just almost.

Bush’s combined score was 1206, (566 verbal, 640 math). The only part of Bradley’s SAT that’s known is the verbal score of 485, this means that in order for Bush’s combined score to be twice Bradley’s combined score then Bradley would have had to score 117 or less in the math portion (485+118=603, 603*2=1206). Like I said, until Bradley’s math score is made public the most we can say is that Coulter’s statement is unlikely to be true, but impossible.

Sorry, I should’ve fleshed out my reasoning further; the minimum possible score on an SAT section is 200 points, therefore, it isn’t possible for for Bradley’s combined score to be only half of Bush’s score.

Regardless, the larger problem with Coulter’s stand (in this instance; Jeebus only knows there are plenty as it is) is that since Bradley’s math score was undisclosed, there is no possible way she could assert that Bush’s score was twice Bradley’s. Bush’s combined total is unknowably higher or lower than Bradley’s total, and Bush’s verbal score is knowably not-twice Bradley’s. Therefore, she was talking out of her ass and was rightly called on it. :slight_smile:

The minimum score is 200, so a 117 is impossible. Coulter was lying (again).

Great job, cainxinth, in the fight against ignorance.

Nope. Saxman has it wrong. I remember the show in question clearly. The issue at hand was whether or not Bush got over a 1200 on the SAT’s. That was it. Bradley was mentioned during the discussion, but Bush having double his score wasn’t part of it.

The way that Bill said “you make shit up” was in response to the way that Anne very off the cuff pulled out Bush’s SAT score.

Somebody made the statement along the lines of “Do you really think Bush got into Yale because of his SAT scores?” Anne responded that yes, because he had over 1200. It was the way that she pulled this number right out that Bill called bullshit on her. Bill’s comments were in jest and meant more as a joke than anything.

As it turns out, unless the cite here was wrong, Anne was telling the truth, as Bush got a 1206.

Good for you, cainxinth, I so wish I had been there.

Of course, where I went to school, Ann Coulter wouldn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of being invited. (Hell, we had Sergei Khrushchev and Oscar Arias before! She’d get her ass kicked!)

Thanks Guin and Elvis

I’m usually way too nervous to talk in front of a crowd like that, but it was amazing to get out a coherent thought without messing it up. I give Ann’s virulent intolerance of anyone who isn’t a rich, white, male American full credit as my driving force.

It does puzzle me why people like her get invited to speak at all. But, I suppose there is something inherently important about hearing all points of view however hateful and riddled with inconsistencies and giving ourselves the chance to challenge it.

Wow, I totally misjudged her speaking ability. I thought it’d be like trying to debate one of those professional creationists. Sorry about that. Right or left, I suppose it’s always good when one can embarass an extremist.