Life's little victories.

Today, we made a Costco run, were in and out in less than 45 minutes and I didn’t yell “Get the fuck OUT OF MY WAY!!” once. Got a great deal on rum and fleece sheets, too.

Jeez, that was a feat to crow about. First of the month in December! WTF, was there a road cut off or something? I won’t even venture to a big box store til well after New Years. I can’t deal with it.

It feels like I can never get out of Costco for less than $200. :wink:

The bar I frequent had a Saturday Brunch consisting of a Smoked Beef Brisket Crepe, S’mores French Toast, and a Raspberry Vinegarette Salad. This was served with a flight of Founders beers; Rubaeus, All Day IPA, Canadian Breakfast Stout (2017), and Canadian Breakfast Stout (2018).

I was just crushed that I (my gf actually) had made plans for the day. The owners of the bar heard about my dilemma and asked me to stop in on Sunday. I stopped in and discovered they’d arranged to serve the brunch to me. I felt Royal.

That’s the sit-on-the-sofa version of a drunk cake?

My employer gave me a modest bonus which, for reasons I don’t fully understand, is in the form of a gift card to Target. A few days later we got a coupon for $20 off any Target shopping trip over $100. Those two things will go nicely together.

One possible reason is that some retailers kick back a bonus to the purchaser of a gift-card.

Drove home from the family’s on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, dreading what is normally a 4 hour drive but can become 6+ when driving the Sunday after a holiday.

Between leaving early (8:15 am) and taking an alternate route for the final 30 miles or so (a toll road that avoids the horrible congestion of the northern suburbs), I reached an all-time best of 3 hours and 45 minutes.

I didn’t know what to do with the rest of my day.

I was trying to figure out how they weave the rum into the fleece…

Weave, hell. We just spill it. :smiley:

Liquor. On a Sunday. From a store that also sells fleece. Without yelling fuck you.

Around here that would be considered four seperate victories. Bonus victory if you could make all that happen after 9pm.