Lighting technique

Is there a name for that lighting technique you saw frequently in old black and white movies where they do a close up head shot of an actress and project what looks like a slit light over her eyes?

Film Noir?

‘Eye light’.

Lighting for Film Noir
Eye lighting tutorial.

I always call it “Star Trek Lighting”.

Here and here.