Lines from other people's posts you most enjoyed

Reading the Wiseacres thread reminded me of my favorite lines, the ones that really did make me laugh out loud. So far, my contenders are:

Boris B, for his observation that “if you have a dog, don’t name it bear. But if you have a bear, by all means name it dog to even things out a bit”

And Ukelele Ike, for:
“Oh, I don’t know; we had five Barksdales in our Kindergarten class.”

(I’m sorry these aren’t verbatim quotes; I tried to use the search engine but-surprisingly!-didn’t locate the actual threads.)

David B. on ‘Flat earth’ for something like:

Phaedrus should win awards for both ‘Best Troll’ and ‘Guy with way too much time on his hands’.

(I would mention StevieRaveOn’s story on one of the toilet threads, but must keep my dignity!)

most of Satan’s jokes.

I totally forgot that I ever said that.
I would try to think of my favorite quotes from other posters, but I’m a little distracted, since looking out the window I can see Dog climbing the old maple again, probably looking for bugs. I feed him like a pint of honey every day, and still he knocks down half the trees in my yard!

Most of my favorites have been Pit flames. Since I am too lazy to bother searching for the URL, the thread I started about it is buried in the Pit, entitled “These are a few of my favorite flames.”

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Now, I have to add Inky’s characterization of the World’s Tackiest Nativity Scene…

AWB’s entire post in “Oh, that’s disgusting” about his cat running around the house trailing a “tinsel-poo” had me laughing harder than I’ve laughed in quite some time.

"There’s a snake in my boot!

one of my favorites:

evilbeth: However, you must realize that I live in the Bible Belt (so called because those are the two most common objects used to abuse children around here)

Neuro Trash Grrl’s quick, witty comebacks never fail to make me literally guffaw!!

I don’t know what you do for a living, Neuro, but if you were writing for sitcoms, some of them might actually be funny! (Sorry, I don’t remember any specific examples, but she is just sharp as a tack!)
Meg