Liposuction??

I am considering getting liposuction on my stomach. Does anyone here have any first-hand info that they can share? Any and all info is appreciated. Also, I am travelling to Asia in August and I was thinking about a side trip to Thailand for the surgery. It is supposedly cheaper yet still safe there. Anyone with info about this?

Thanks

I cannot imagine using a plastic surgeon in an overseas country without getting a personal recommendation or similar. Unless it is part of some celebrity-hideaway-surgery-health-club retreat, away from the eyes of the world while the bruising goes down, in which case it will cost a fortune.

Besides, wouldn’t this be quite a major operation? Might you not need more time to recover than just a side trip? What if something went wrong? Would it be safe to travel (would they even allow you to fly?) right afterwards?

Sorry, not a first hand account, but a second hand. My roommate had lipo, and the recovery time is quite long. She was in bed for almost a week, then had to wear a special girdle for almost 3 months.

I would never, never, never have elective surgery in another country. You will need your friends’ and family’s support during your recovery time, and lipo is not a minor surgery. Depending on the amount of fat removed, it can be quite major.

Do alot of research and talk to several doctors and patients before you do this. You should know exactly what you’re getting into, and feel completely comfortable that your hard-earned money is being well spent.

BTW, my roommate spent $5,000 on her surgery (tummy, hips, thights, butt), and ended up gaining the weight back within a year. :frowning:

thights = thighs, of course.

Maybe s/he is planning on going to the Philippines where they can can do it all without even cutting you open!

<BIG wink>

According to this page, liposuction is one of the most dangerous surgeries out there, in terms of your likelihood to die from it. Might want to have an alternate plan.

Since you’re looking for personal experiences, I’ll move this thread to IMHO.

Since you’re looking for personal experiences, I’ll move this thread to IMHO.