Liqueur recommendations

I’d say the easiest is start with one of the other common whisk(e)y-honey liqueurs that might be easier to get, and just add some tangerine peel to the bottle - I’d say the aforementioned Drambuie, Irish Mist or Yukon Jack, of ones I’ve had. Or a non-whisky honey liqueur like the (IMO, sublime) Bärenjäger.

Although IMO, Glayva’s most like Bénédictine than anything else.

Sounds a lot like Vana Tallinn. According to that Wikipedia article, it’s available in the US.

I’ve seen examples of your Mad Slilz, Rocketeer. I’m surprised you don’t make your own! :wink:

This is what I came in to recommend, and I second this recommendation. I’m not a big fan of most liqueurs, but I love me some SoCo.

Must be something about Michigan. Southern Comfort was one of our high school go-to’s, because it went down real easy while we were playing euchre in the basement rec room.

Reasons there’s something about Michigan:

1. Southern Comfort is easy to find and not expensive - even in Michigan.

2. Nothing to do but sit in the basement, play euchre, and drink. :slight_smile:

And if you don’t drink, apparently they just make lots of babies (for whatever reason I know multiple very Lutheran teetotaler Yooper families of 12 or more.)

Thanks for the reminder that I still have a 1/4 bottle in the back of the cupboard…