Liqueurs

I have a similar disposition as the OP’s wife. I would recommend amaretto or Frangelico as others have mentioned. I tried apricot brandy recently, I liked it, but it was a little strong for me.

Keying off the cream liqueurs, she would probably like Amarula.

Seconding or thirding or fourthing the Frangelico suggestion - hazelnut flavour, tastes wonderful on its own or over ice.

Chambord, Frangelico, and Amaretto are all pretty much liquid candy, enough to make you wish they didn’t have alcohol so you could drink the whole bottle. Well, I suppose you could always drink the whole bottle anyway…

Tequila Rose. It’s a strawberry cream liqueur with a splash of tequila.

Apricot brandy is my choice when I have bronchitis. It works about the same as, and tastes much better than, Nyquil!

You really wanna gild the lily, nibble Ferro Rocher chocolates while sipping the brandy. Ethereal!

A favorite drink is the Boston Cream Pie Martini:
one part Godiva chocolate liqueur
one part Bailey’s
one part vanilla vodka
~VOW

Cherry Heering.

Chocolate Covered Cherry-double chocolate vodka and Wild Cherry Pepsi.

Some good suggestions here. She has tried amaretto and liked that. I personally had a bad experience with peppermint schnapps in my early days, drank a fifth of the damned stuff and was puking horribly; still shudder at the thought. Jägermeister we have, but the wife is wary of it from my tales of what have happened to people after too many shots. Even now, when my friend is in town from upcountry and we’re hitting the bars, we’ll usually at one point in his trip start downing the Jägermeister, ratcheting up the rambunctiousness of the night.

I don’t think we have some of the stuff listed here, but we’ll be abroad soon. Frangelico I think we do have and may try that. I never knew Godiva made a chocolate liqueur or indeed that chocolate liqueuer even existed. Sounds evil and I’ll definitely keep a watch for it. I do recall coffee liqueur from Hawaii, which produces some really good stuff; the wife liked a little of that in her coffee (as did I).

Seconded.

Just mentioned Tequila Rose to the wife, and she perked up. Will look for that one in the US too.

There’s several different flavors. Godiva makes Original (chocolate), White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Caramel Milk Chocolate, and Mocha.

Apologies for the hijack:

1lb. fresh raspberries
3 c. 80-proof vodka (I use Smirnoff) or 50/50 Everclear and water

Soak berries in vodka for one month. Strain out berries and throw away. Add 1.5 c. sugar and shake a few times over the next day to dissolve.

To fit in a quart canning jar, which is what I use for the process, you have to make a 3/4 batch, so it’s 12 oz. berries, 2-1/4 c. booze, and 1c. + 2T. sugar.

Technically you can drink it immediately, but the older it gets the more mellow and dangerous it gets. We have to make 3-4 flats (12 jars each) every year, our friends drink it down like water.

To end the hijack, if you don’t have a source for homemade raspberry liqueur, Chambord is a black raspberry liqueur that’s pretty yummy.

Bailey’s will work beautifully as coffee creamer.

And no, I don’t mean the flavored coffee creamer that has “Bailey’s” on the label.

The booze Bailey’s…just a glug-glug into your coffee cup. Not recommended for that first cup before you head out to work.

The Bailey’s people are scheming to corrupt us even more. There are two more flavors of Bailey’s: mint, and caramel.

I ought to line up my bottles of Bailey’s next to my Keurig!
~VOW

Kibowi…a 40 proof kiwi liqueur made in Holland. I’ve seen it a few times in the U.S. so it’s imported here, but can’t be found everywhere. Very tasty.

Drambuie - love that stuff!

I couldn’t drink that!

The wife brought back a bottle each of two Dutch liqueurs from the Netherlands after a few months at Utrecht University. She was there due to a project she was in charge of here in Thailand that was partially funded by that university. This was in the 1990s and I can’t remember what they were, but one Dutch researcher here said something like one of them was what old ladies used to for getting their high on.

Picked up a bottle of Frangelico today. Quite nice really. It came with a miniature booklet around the neck of the bottle with recipes such as the Toblerone (Frangelico, coffee liqueur, Irish cream liqueur, cream and honey and garnished with chocolate) and the Affogato (Frangelico, ice cream and espresso). I’m no good at actually making stuff like that, but we may get some ice cream to try it on tomorrow.

Thirding the St. Germaine. I like it with pear vodka and a squirt of lime, Prosecco float and pear slice. I had some Lillet for the first time Friday and loved it.

I’m having drinks with you guys!