Little girl becomes a traitor at the Jedi Academy

I probably shouldn’t get into this, but… Leia wasn’t elected to the Senate, was she? She’s, like, 20 years old in Star Wars. Her mom was even younger. I thought it was an automatic honorary title for members of the royal family, like the House of Lords or something…?

But Leia grew up as Senator Organas daughter. Not on Naboo, her birth moms home. So it’s the Alderanian government that’s at question.

Princess Leia’s line to Darth Vader, from the movie - “I’m a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan.” I’d think that means she’s a Senator.

Yes, but the comeback is relevant: “You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. Take her away!”

So the Rebels in the Imperial government are traitors. And a Jedi student who switches sides would be a traitor to the rest of the Jedi.

You’re both right, from a certain point of view…

the leia issue aside…

i am impressed by how well the guy playing windu handled the situation. he was really good.

FTW!

I guess she saw the third movie and knew who was coming out alive. Smart kid.

My thoughts.

Sigh, I wish I were less jaded.

I saw the clip last night, and I agree – Windu handled it very well. I’m a touch disappointed in Vader, though. I hoped he’d be more receptive to his new apprentice.

ETA with the obvious line: I find Vader’s lack of faith disturbing.

If she could be turned, she would make a powerful ally.

That’s because Evil is Cool and Good is Dumb.

I doubt the guy in the suit is doing Vader’s lines, which I’d guess are pre-recorded. He might have pantomimed something, but that’s a harder ad-lib.

Right. Vader’s lines are pre-recorded.

And I don’t think that’s supposed to be Windu.

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking Jedi in this motherfucking theme park!

Christ, the kid was gonna get close to Vader, learn the empire’s secrets, and then topple it from the inside.

Pfft, Jedi. No sense of subtlety.

Second best line in this thread!

bonk 60 second timeout between posts

I bet she has seen mommy and daddy playing sub/dom games in their basement.

He may have been late, but Czarcasm had the better title:

My hope for the future of America has been renewed!