Little League World Series player suffers serious head injury falling out of his bunk

Snow Canyon player Easton Oliverson from Utah, 12 years old, suffered a serious head injury that required emergency surgery when he fell out of the top bunk of his bed while he was sleeping.

Oliverson, a pitcher and outfielder, punctured an artery and ended up with bleeding on the brain, and needed a piece of skull removed. He remains in intensive care in a children’s hospital.

If his teammate hadn’t woken up, Easton may have died; half an hour later and it might have been too late.

I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for this young man.

Oh my gosh that is scary. I hope he is okay!

Baseball is a dangerous sport.

Jim Rice saved a little boy 40 years ago. The kid may have died from a foul ball. It’s a nice story.

What a bizarre, flukey injury.

Easton is awake and speaking after his emergency surgery, and his doctors are encouraged by his progress.

Let’s go, Snow Canyon! WIN IT FOR EASTON!

Apparently injuries from falling from bunk beds are more common than one would think. Years ago I heard about a college student who was severely injured when he fell from his dorm bunk, and his family was attempting to bring more attention to the issue.
And @Bullitt that’s a great Jim Rice story.

Easton is out of intensive care and can sit up, eat, and walk with support.

Easton’s open roster spot will be filled by his brother Brogan.

The Snow Canyon team is representing the Mountain region, and will begin LLWS play tomorrow.