Little things that bother you, and are also INSANE.

. . . by which I mean things that snag on your consciousness or rub you the wrong way and are so nonsensical that, if if they bothered you a little more or you had a few more hangups just like it, you’d be a candidate for psychiatric commitment.
I’ll start: it bothers me that the letter S follows the letter R in the alphabet. What, like S is somehow *better *than R? Because it’s not, R is awesome and S is overrated, and yet S gets the last word. This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that T follows S, and T is cool.

I have no idea where this comes from. I don’t think of other letter groupings, or really anything else, in the same way. It’s just … gah. I don’t get it.
Other sane people have stuff like this too, right?

I don’t know, I personally find the English R sound to be rather a bit crappy. Something like rolling a bit of half-chewed radish around in one’s mouth. With a nice trilled R you might have a bit more of a point, though.

Isn’t it great that we have this message board? It’s always bothered me that I came after H and that W came after V.

It’s nothing to do with the relative coolness of the letter, really. I should come first, so should W. The way it is, is just wrong.

But try telling that to people when you’re putting together an index!

I’ve always been angry at the color red for no apparent reason.

I just hate it.

And blue is *waaaaayyyyyy *overrated.

If a company has “Exploration” in its name, it always has something to do with oil.

Just annoys me. Really? That’s the only thing worth exploring for anymore? That black shit?

Citroen shouldn’t exist.

Favourites. I don’t have a favourite anything.

If I am ever asked, I cannot respond. One of my earliest memories is randomly picking a favourite colour just so I could answer adults if they asked. But now as an adult my brain short-circuits and I can’t fake an answer or even continue the conversation in a normal way. It is a conversation stopper for me. I don’t know, why do I have to decide on ONE BEST THING?

If I was slightly worse, I would scream something about all colours having a place and that it is ridiculous to chose one novel as superior over all others.

Also, I can’t respect the letters in the middle of the alphabet. Fence sitters! JKLMNOP who are you? Make a commitment. My favourite letter is of course Z. A true rebel and enigma (not like X - he tries way too hard).

backs slowly out of the thread

The existence of chewing gum bothers me. Of course, I chew gum.

I cannot STAND to hear anyone say “question mark”. Like, so I emailed their customer service department and I was all, hey, where are my angora nut-mittens, question mark.

HULK WILL SMASH.

I still want to know why it’s called a “doubleyou” and not a “doublevee”. And I don’t care if, at some point in its development, it actually looked like two U’s and not two V’s – if that’s the case, then when the look of the letter changed, the name should’ve changed too.

In fact – screw you, doubleyou. I’ve been call those storage compartments in car dashboards “dash boxes” because the more common name is so fricking stupid (No one actually carries gloves in them. No, you don’t. Just…stop insisting that you do. Quit lying already, you liar!) So from now on, it’s “queue are ess, tea you vee, doublevee ex, why and zee”. So there.

I had to open this, didn’t I?

dammit.

No, no, no, you’re grouping them wrong. MNOP are the middle letters. J and K are still in the first section, and L is borderline.

Also, I can’t stand W. He’s so boring and solemn. Q at least is a social butterfly, and V is elegant and sexy.

Multiplication tables. I still cannot, after an entire lifetime, after years of drilling, multiply certain numbers without counting on my fingers. Especially the 9’s. :frowning: 2’s and 5’s are OK. I hate math. (Math ruins people’s lives. Kids fail grades because they don’t get math. My daughter would be able to go further in her education/eventual career except she is weak in math, and that drags her grade down. (and she’s tried. She’s TRIED!!!)

Why is it when I hear ‘horizontal’ and ‘vertical’, I have to think for a second before I remember ‘horizontal’ = horizon? and not up and down?

The numeral six looks sad, while seven looks aggressive and arrogant. Nine looks smug.

Exclamation point ending one sentence, next sentence starts with, ‘I’. as in…

" …then bang! I never saw…", I don’t care for it, and, think it looks not correct.

I am another one who never has favorites. Someone asks me what my favorite X is and I always say “This week?” How can you have a favorite anything, there’s so many wonderful things out there.

7 is a bastard. A selfish bastard. It’s not really 7’s fault, 7 doesn’t realise what a bastard 7 is, but in 7’s relationship with other numbers, 7 can’t see beyond his/her self (specifically when you multiply 7 with 4; 5 is too happy-go-lucky to mind, and 3 gets short-changed, but appreciates any opportunity to get into the twenties).

That’s how they interact when they’re multiplying, anyway.
9 isn’t smug, though. 9 is wise. And six? Trustworthy.
…Yeah. I think that’s some sort of synesthesia.

That’s because 7 8 9.

Check it out:
9 x 2 = 18
9 x 3 = 27
9 x 4 = 36
9 x 5 = 45
9 x 6 = 54
9 x 7 = 63
9 x 8 = 72
9 x 9 = 81
see the pattern? the tens go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
the ones go 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1