London (Broil) Calling - need recipe fast!

Ok so i bought a beautiful choice London Broil. I’ve never cooked or eaten one before. I have sliced mushrooms, onions, various spices, herbs, and sauces. I was thinking about making steak sandwiches with it. But give me some ideas and cooking techniques/times etc. Going to make it when i get home tonight - about 4-5 hours from now. Hit me with some recipes, dopers!

Nowadays, what they call “London Broil” is not. It should be made from flank steak, which is tough and chewy if not cooked properly.

The traditional recipe is simple:

1. Create a marinade. Generally it has something like lemon or vinegar, oil, garlic, and any other spices you like.
  2. Let the meat soak overnight in the marinade.
  3. To cook, fire up your broiler.
  4. When it’s ready, put the marinated meat underneath it, a couple of inches below the heat.
  5. Cook for three or four minutes (possibly less) until the meat starts to get a little crisp.
  6. Flip it over and cook for a couple of minutes more.
  7. Remove the meat from the broiler and prepare to carve it.
  8. Carve the meat in thin slices at an angle across the grain. It’s very easy to find the grain; if you can’t, you don’t have flank steak.

The inside should be deep red and barely warmed (true London broil is tough unless very rare).

If you don’t have flank steak, you can try it, but you won’t be able to cut it the way it should be. OTOH, it can be cooked a bit more.

7a. If you let it cool for 10 minutes before carving, the meat will tend to be less dry.

This and a grill are all you need.

Rare.

Let it rest.