London dopefest? Plus more questions about my trip

Hello everyone! Sorry but I’ve kind of been extra-Dope for a while and haven’t been keeping my eye on the ball. Fortunately I’ve seen this now and am free to come so will be along for a bit before I go off to play squash in Old Street, so hopefully I’ll be welcome along :slight_smile:

Is anyone going to have a means of recognition for one another? I’ll be easy to spot as I’ll be lugging a squash hold all with me.

Well, I am a tallish chunky redhead, and pinknotes212 is a gorgeous brunette (who is taken, sorry!). We will almost certainly look out of place. :slight_smile:

Seeing the Mornington Crescent tube stop makes me wonder about the game. Can someone explain it to me at the pub? It seems like good pub conversation.

Would someone mind posting directions to the Cheese? We will be arriving via the tube. Is St Paul’s the closest station?

Voila!

It’s kind of equidistant between several tube stops but whichever one you go to it’s less than a ten minute walk, just make sure you have a map with you. The closest tube is actually Blackfriars but that’s closed until next year for renovations, hence why that area of the map looks so unserviced by the tube.

I may pass you on the train, I’m getting out of Farnborough for the day. I’ll probably go to the show on Sunday.

For ID purposes, I’m a 6’5" guy with long hair and glasses.

Regrettably I will be sailing on the south coast tomorrow. I hope you have a great time. Pics!!!

I might not be able to make it, unfortunately; we have a contractor coming out to the house so will depend on what time he makes it.

For ID purposes, I’m a dead ringer for a young George Clooney. Oh wait, I’m awake now - actually I’m the stocky light-brown hair guy, probably in glasses.

I’ll keep an eye out, inspecting people in every single oncoming train. I’m 6’2", also with glasses, but short hair.

We can have the world’s shortest Dopefest as we sweep majestically past each other on the train. :smiley:

Right, changed my mind about going to squash so don’t look for a guy carting a squash hold all around with him. Instead you’ll be able to recognise me by my red and white t-shirt (that and there’s a pic of me in the dopers gallery).

Guys, it was so much fun to meet you, and we really appreciated the tour of London. If you ever come to Nashville, let us know and we will return the favour. We might even throw in some biscuits and gravy. :slight_smile:

We might even eat it. :wink:

I refuse to be held to that promise.

Despite looking bored and skiving off early I did have a good day out. Cheers guys!