Long fingernails...REEEALLY long

To my knowledge, this woman has no physical “shortcomings” or the like. She’s just a regular kinda gal, as far as I know.

And in the interests of full disclosure, my nails are natural now, although I have sported acrylics decades ago. They’re just long enough for a natural looking French manicure.

VCNJ~

GROSS!

I was on the bus with a woman that had…wait for it… super long toenails :eek: :eek: :eek:

No word of a lie, these things were about four inches long. She was wearing nylons - with holes poked through for the nails and flip-flops.

It was really, really disturbing, and yet, I could NOT look away.

eww, eww, eww!!! did i mention EWWW? repusive and then some!

that is just gross to the billionth power. og only knows what kind of microbes are embedded underneath that nail line. there is no way in hell that woman would get anywhere near me or touch anything of mine. i’m not OCD, but i could be if i had to work with her. :eek:

HOW THE HELL CAN THAT HAPPEN IN WINNIPEG. Seriously folks, minus eight billion degrees in the winter. I hope she works from home.

Yeek! I tend to sprout mine to what I think of as long, but I highly doubt they’ve ever made it past 1 inch from cuticle to tip before I get small breaks starting at the edges. Usually due to my habit of typing with my nails.

Right now, I have… oh, maybe a quarter of a centimeter past the tip of my fingers, polished up right nice with the first professional french manicure I’ve ever had. But anything longer than that, and I get squirmy just thinking about it.

[hijack]
You realise that with employee rules like this, you just know that somebody is going to have 3 inches surgically removed from their humerus to get away with an elevated hemline at work. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/hijack]

Si

Yeah-I like my own about oh, maybe just at the tip of my fingers, maybe a tad bit longer. Any thing more than that, and they get in the way and break and get all raggedy-which I can’t STAND.

“Do It Yourself Lobotomy!” :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if she gets laid much. I’m thinkin’ not.

I worked with a woman with nails like that 25 years ago. I was amazed then that she could stay employed.

To each his own and it harm none and all that… but my own reaction to extraordinarily long nails is also mild repulsion. It looks sort of alien and hence is slightly disturbing, and it doesn’t matter if you paint flowers and paste sparklies on them.

Don’t ever Google for pictures of super long toenails. Please. Those will put the nails in the shade. And not in a good way.

There’s something on the internet for everybody.

Why oh WHY didn’t I listen to you?

Oh ick. My cynical nature (steeped in 12 years of heavy internet usage) suggests to me that there is a kink involved here. I’m just bettin’ somebody’s Mr. Happy just luvvvvs them nasty claws.

Oh, and the googly long toenails and the holes in the nylons? GACK. Three hours after reading that and I’m still twitching.

I’ve been known to cut my toenails too SHORT, just because I cannot STAND it when they get long enough to catch on my socks. In fact, if it were up to me, I wouldn’t even want to have toenails in the first place.

I did a google search in the name of science (long nails fetish) there are groups that seem to revolve around loooooong nails. mostly soft core websites… ICK

and the toenails eeeewwwwww!

Why do I go look stuff up knowing that it will just be totally gross???[insert barfey smiley]

I always like to say I had no idea how many short-armed women we have working here :smiley:
VCNJ~

She doesn’t happen to wear a size 19 shoe, does she?

I’ve had the chance to see long nails (not as long as the OP’s coworker’s though) in real life…is the yellow stuff on the undersides just gunk, or is it the result of applying some kind of strengthening stuff?

A lot of hairdressers charge extra to work on long hair. I wonder what a manicurist would charge to work on these fingernails?
Even if they weren’t grossed out, they would have to use an entire bottle of polish to paint such a large area. Not to mention whatever base coat/top coat/strengtheners are involved.

EWwwwww.

I have had mine up to an inch long at times.

My rule is, the longer the nails, the more often they get scrubbed underneath.

I get seriously grossed out if I see waitstaff, cooks, or nurses with long nails.

Hadn’t thought about paper handlers.

EWwwwww again.

When I see stuff like that I think of what’s always getting said about Goth/Punk/Body Modification/Modern Primative types who are refered to as “mutilating” themselves. With a few exceptions (like maybe the guy who got his dick cut in half) and assuming they’re done right, very few of those things actually stop the G/P/MM/MP from actually using the body part in question. But I’d say what these nice middle class office ladies are doing is coming closer to mutilation. Rendering youself unable to use a vital human appendage and perform basic human tasks?

No, it’s the other way around. Haven’t you seen “Last Tango in Paris”?