Long Shot - Identify this band from the 80s who was not Alphaville?

After The Fire? (Of Der Kommissar fame)
The Alarm? The Art of Noise?

The Sugarcubes

Anthrax!

Lightning round. . .

OMD? Thomson Twins? Psychedelic Furs? Modern English? Flock of Seagulls? Mission UK? Icicle Works? Gary Numan? Communards? Caberet Voltaire? Bronski Beat? ABC? Howard Jones? Pet Shop Boys? Human League? Echo and the Bunnymen?

Guadalcanal Diary? Dream Academy?

Amazulu?

Echo and the Bunnymen?

Aztec Camera?

None are right so far. Now I am second guessing myself and wondering if it was in fact alphaville. Argh.

a-ha was my first choice. I would have also offered up Ultravox, or maybe even Asia (kind of merging rock with synthpop).

I would offer up Altered Images, though I think they’re a little more guitar based, and the singer is female - I think the OP would have mentioned that. I need more info.

I think the Swedish band Aqua came out after 1986…

Do you remember anything about the music, a song or two of theirs?

I’m guessing it wasn’t Roxette.

Reap the Wild Wind!

Kajagoogoo? Baltimora? Stranglers? Roxy Music? Icehouse?

I so hope you find it! Oingo Boingo? Beloise Some? Go West?

I despair. Nothing right so far. Doubting my memory of it not being Alphaville. Sob. Going to bed now.

A-ha is from Norway, their best known hit is Take On Me which has been featured in numerous films/TV shows.

Going through my iTunes by year under “A” for 1986, the only act I can think of that might vaguely fit your criteria that hasn’t been mentioned is Age of Chance. Though they sound nothing like Arcadia, really.

Applarama?

Ay?

(canadian band…)