Long Shot - Identify this band from the 80s who was not Alphaville?

It’s Falco, right? It has to be Falco.

Yaz?

Dead Can Dance? Modern English? Pseudo Echo?

Trotsky Icepick, who released their first album in 1986, and had a song called ‘Alphaville’ on a later album in 1991.

That’s all I got.

Mister Mister?

Simple Minds (maybe Alive and Kicking)?

For that matter, The Assembly? or Alison Moyet?

Aphex Twin? …probably not…

Eurogliders - (Heaven) Must Be There was a minor hit released in 1984, but the band didn’t gain much traction. Although they are from Australia, I thought I’d throw them out here as a possible match. For those so inclined, this was a terrific band with an amazing vocalist. Although the band broke up in 1989, Grace Knight has had considerable success as a jazz singer, mostly covering standards and older pop songs.

Another fantastic band from the era that also predates the year given in the OP, but that might be a match, is Real Life. Another Australian band, their debut album is a solid collection of tunes that is led by a song so awesome it charted twice, 6 years apart: Real Life got lots of airplay in 1983, and Catch Me I’m Falling charted in 1984.

Anything Box? A Certain Ratio?

Dammit!! I was going to say that.

(BTW, He’s Austrian.)

The Alarm? Ashbury Heights? Wang Chung?

Every time I think of Alphaville (Forever Young), I want to start singing When in Rome (The Promise). And then for some reason I think of Modern English (I Melt With You). I dunno, that’s all I got. They’re all happy BFF nostalgia type songs.

Love and Rockets?

And has been a permanent resident of Zentralfriedhof (Central Cemetery) in Vienna, Austria since 1998.

For some reason I always got The Outfield’s Your Love confused with Alphaville’s Forever Young.

Ace of Base?

Ultravox?

“It’s My Life,” by Talk Talk? I confused them with A-Ha back in the day.

Whoops! That first song title is wrong; it’s actually called Send Me An Angel.

Alan Parsons Project?