Longest you've been drunk

A week after I turned 21, there was a big football game against Ohio State on a Saturday at 6pm. We started drinking after classes at 1pm on Friday and drank until the bars closed at 1am. At 8am, we woke up (I was still really drunk) and started hitting it pretty heavily right away. Drank at the house until 10am when the bars opened, left the bars at 2pm to tailgate, smuggled liquor into the game and drank until the game ended about 8pm.

After the game I ran onto the field like a drunk idiot, where I was promptly arrested. Sobered up a little in jail for a couple hours, but I was back home by 11pm, where we kept drinking until I passed out at 2am. So 37 hours, if my memory is correct (a bold presumption.)

Okay, that was a Simpsons reference. My actual record if you count sleep is around 2 days. That was at parties. However, when I first discovered alcohol I would have a tall glass of Irish Creme every night. This lasted for several months before I realized I was addicted – to the sugar. When I’m not at a party I can never stand the taste of alcohol enough to have it more than once a week or so even though I like the feeling, and when I do drink I still drink a lot in a night.

I … don’t remember. A day and a half-ish? Really, it’s too much of a haze …

If I remember correctly 2 days (48 hours with 3 hours sleep) is the longest binge I’ve been on. By law the bars closed at 2am and opened back up at 5am. (CA)
I was drinking the hard stuff and had the worst hangover imaginable. This was in my early twenties and learned a LOT about drinking alcohol since then.
As the old saying goes, Never Again!

Friday 4 PM to midnight Sunday night. There were two sleeps in there, but the rules of the weekend included: “sleep can not exceed 8 hours” and “at least one drink must be consumed within an hour of waking.” Other rules included “people can’t bother us” and “excess is not the goal.” Good times :slight_smile:

What is this “sleep” of which you people speak?

:wink:

Probably three to four hours, not counting sleep. I will always try my hardest to wait to sober up before falling asleep, or I wake up feeling weak. I don’t consume a lot of alcohol in a typical night of drinking, so it usually doesn’t take that long to sober up afterwards.

I think Ensign wins, and no, I don’t think he’s kidding.

My first husband went on spells where he drank around the clock. He’d nap alright, just long enough for me to relax a little bit then he’d pop back up and be back with the yelling and cursing and throwing things through windows.

The longest I’ve personally seen him stay drunk is 10 days to 2 weeks.

Since i’ts been 18 years since I’ve lived with him, all I have is anectodal evidence of the “one time he stayed drunk a month”.

I wouldn’t doubt it, tho.

I can’t come close to any of y’all, but the first thing this thread made me think of was the line from Jimmy Buffett’s song, A Pirate Looks at Forty: “I have been drunk now for over two weeks…”

A really long time. Not 2 months though!

I am a member of a certain organization in which part of the entrance process was that you had to spend a week drunk. Any member of the organization could call you at any time during that week and you had to go drinking with them, and you had damned well better be at least half drunk when they called. And they called often.

So I know I’ve done a week, and I’ve had a few dozen 3+ day benders.

18 hours straight is a semi-normal occurence when on of my mates comes round.
We have a bad influence on each other.
Luckily he’s now a qualified nurse so works a lot of weekends.

If sleep isn’t an automatic reset about a week, at which point I got alcohol poisoning.
That’s what happens when you leave a 17 year old on his own for a fortnight.