Looking for a 2 door car

You might want to consider the Civic coupe. I just bought a 2012 back in March. I bought it to replace my 1997 Ford Probe. I really liked the styling of the Accord coupe, but didn’t want anything that big. So far I like the Civic very much. It handles well, can accelerate when I need it to, and is getting pretty good gas mileage. The most negative thing about it is that the rail/track/whatever it’s called that the seats slide back and forth on is pretty prominent and seems to be a bit in the way of my friend’s golden retriever jumping in the back (I dog sit usually 2-3 times a year, for anywhere from 1-4 weeks at a time, and I’m taking the dog to a town or state park to walk just about every day that I have him). And I’m really enjoying the sunroof (I’ve always loved convertibles but realize they are not the best cars for New England winters. So the sunroof is my compromise).

I have the CRZ and, as I stated above, I get 43 MPG which, I must say, is not bad at all.

Performance is pretty good in Sport mode, but yeah, the other two modes are nothing to write home about.

You’re correct about the lack of back seats, which is kind of dumb. The CRZs sold in Japan have back seats, by the way.

The majority of coupes are built on the same frame as their sedan counterparts. There’s no benefit to you to search out 2 door variants. What you should be looking at is a car in the next smaller size class. I believe that Accords are classified as mid-size by the EPA, so you want a compact.

You should be looking at Hyundais. Hondas have been stagnant for a decade at least. Toyotas are the modern equivalent of Seventies Chevrolets, unsophisticated, heavy, and built with dodgy components. The Ford Focus is very good and the imported Ford C-Max is expected to be so as well. Mazdas are fun-to-drive and cost less than other Japanese cars. The Chevy Cruze and Sonic are worth looking at, but stay away from the Aveo. I wouldn’t go near Dodge or Fiat until the company stabilizes.

Volvo? They’re Chinese now, give them another five years to get their act together.

I don’t like two door cars.

I love sports cars.

These two are incompatible attitudes.

What I want to tell you is that you need to decide why you’re buying a two door. If it’s looks, then forget the number of doors and simply choose a great looking car.

If it’s performance / handling then focus on this.

By and large, two door cars suck in terms of convenience - so unless it’s for the performance aspect I wouldn’t buy one.

Personally, I’m a big fan of cars like the Audi RS4 Avante, the performance variant of the Saab 9-5, or maybe an Audi S5 if you have the dosh.

For something small and nimble, a Civic Type R is a blast, or maybe an Alfa Mito if you are willing to tweak it a little for performance (and it’s cute as a button, with great ride dynamics)

The Toyota 86 (if I remember properly) is a fun coupe, not sure what variants it comes in over in the US though.

I have owned two toyotas, and both have been absoutely bullet proof - one was a coupe sports car and the other a small people carrier.

Buy a Civic Si coupe.

Camaro - Fair gas mileage, good lucks, poor visibility, good build quality. A yellow Camaro is a chick magnet.

If the dealer is out of yellow what is the second best chick magnet color?

Chysler Sebring XLI convertible. Handles well, nice pickup. Two doors!

That I don’t know. Maybe the lime green, but they don’t make that color any more.

Another vote for the Toyota 86 - sold as the Subaru BRZ and Scion F-RS in the States.

“Chick” as in baby chickens, they are drawn to it as they are a similar color?:stuck_out_tongue:

Would be my recommendation as well, but it’s not available with an Automatic, and something tells me that’s a deal breaker here.

Add the Kia Forte Coupe (or whatever they’re calling it) to your list. Coupes are a dying breed, there aren’t a lot of options unless you want something RWD with a cramped rear seat.

Yep, it works best when you cruise past high schools blaring REO.