Looking for a laywer suggestion...

Need a nasty / effective / excellent lawyer to possible defend against condo board and neighbor - anyone have any suggestions ?

I think that, at a minimum, you should let us know where the condo related to the dispute is located. Your profile has no location information. Without any idea of the jurisdiction, there’s little anyone here can advise you on. I may know the real estate attorney with a 100% success rate, but he or she is not going to be of much help if you live in, say, Walla Walla and they’re in Pago Pago.
IANAL.

Google [your state name] bar association and poke around for a lawyer referral link. Probably they won’t have the lawyers ranked by viciousness but most will offer a free or reduced-price initial consultation at which time you can gauge his or her level of personal and professional malice.

Better yet, go to your county of city Bar Association which probably knows the individual attorneys personally. They all have referral services where they can match you with an attorney who has experience in the area you need.

paperbackwriter -

I am in Chicago.

TO ALL OTHERS -
Thanks for the suggestions, but was looking for more detailed recommendations of particular lawyers - in the event any of the readers here had to utilize a lawyer against a condo bd.

In that case, I’m afraid I can’t be of much help to you… OTOH, these folks or these folks may be able to help.

Good luck!