Looking for a specific Christmas song

I need your help, Dopers, because this is driving me crazy. As usual with these types of requests, details are sketchy at best.

I’m trying to find an instrumental Christmas song that gets a modicum of airplay around the holidays. I THINK it’s a version of Carol of the Bells, but I’m not 100% sure. I don’t know the artist, but it’s similar to some of the more upbeat stuff done by Trans Siberian Orchestra or Mannheim Steamroller – although I’m 99.9% sure it’s not them.

It’s fairly orchestral in nature; at least, when I hear the snippets of the tune in my head, I can hear strings, and horns, and drums, along with possibly an electronic keyboard. It feels “big,” as opposed to a small group of people. It wasn’t recorded live, to the best of my knowledge.

It’s very stirring and exciting (at least, to me). It ends abruptly, after a series of five or six very fast-paced flourishes / stings.

I don’t know musical terms other than the standard things like “notes,” so I can’t help with nomenclature when describing it. And trying to explain the tune in text is next to impossible.

So … any ideas?

The only part of your description that fits is “ends abruptly” so I’m sure this isn’t it, but this is the song you made me think of:

ETA: Weirdly one of my favorite versions of these songs

tofor: Thanks! Nope, that ain’t it. The song I’m thinking of has no vocals whatsoever.

I have a CD laying around somewhere that has about 16 Carols played with all bells and no vocals, so there is just no way to narrow it down to a definitive answer.

Jasmine: I may not have been clear. The song isn’t a carol played with bells; I think it’s a version of a Christmas song titled Carol of the Bells. At any rate, it’s not terribly obscure; it’s played semi-regularly on the radio around the holidays.

Is this it?

Lindsay Stirling?

Also, have you checked the Trans Siberian Orchestra version? It ends with a big boom:

Manheim Steamroller definitely ends with a whimper, so I don’t think that’s the one.

No, I think it’s this one.

Skywatcher! My man! That’s it!

Edited to add: The second one you posted. I just realized you suggested two options.

Thanks to everyone for your research and help.

I can rest now.

Whenever I hear Carol Of The Bells I can’t help thinking of the “Give A Garmin” commercials.

Whenever I hear it, I think of this classic SNL skit - Jan Hooks and Nora Dunn as “The Sweeny Sisters” singing their “bells” medley. Specifically their lyrics to “Carol of the Bells”

Hark to the bells
here come the bells
there go the bells
so many bells

If I’m not mistaken, Carol of the Bells is of Ukrainian origin.

My favorite is Family Guy’s version.

:+1:

I skipped to the end for both of those. I somehow managed to hit the second one in the middle of those flourishes you mentioned; with those and that ending it had to be the right one.

That’s David Foster? Huh. TIL that it’s NOT TSO.