Looking for easy meat-less recipes.

I have a hot plate and a microwave available, (and I am tired of tomatoe sauce and noodles!)

I love anything with cheese (I’m not a vegan, I just don’t eat meat/fish). Feta cheese especially. Oh, and dill.

I’m looking for something easy, and something that you don’t have to cook a lot of (I only have a baby fridge, and almost no room for left overs).

Any thoughts?

How about feta salad - mixed leaves, chunks of feta, black olives, tomatoes, and toasted pine nuts, tossed in a vinaigrette. Eat it with a big slice of foccacia that you’ve rubbed an olive-oil clove of garlic over.

I’m guessing you don’t have a conventional oven, but maybe you can improvise on this: boil or steam carrots, baby corn, celery, and/or any other vegetable you like. Chop a leek finely and fry in olive oil until crispy. Make a bechamel sauce and stir the mixed veg & leek into it, then pour into a casserole dish. Boil potatoes (together with celeriac if you can get it), mash them down butter, milk, and a bit of grated cheddar, and spread on top of the veggies in the casserole. Then put grated cheese all over the top and roast for a while. Since everything is already cooked, it doesn’t really need to roast - it’s just to melt and crisp the cheese, and make sure it’s hot all the way through. A couple of minutes in the microwave would have a similar effect. Celeriac’s always lovely mashed with potatoes, if you can get it.

You should also be able to buy microwaveable nut roast, which you can serve with mashed potatoes and veggie gravy.

There are some excellent veggie recipes here.

If you can get hold of some Halloumi (Hellim) cheese (which is a bit like feta cheese), you can grill or fry it and it’s absolutely delicious:

http://www.cypnet.co.uk/ncyprus/culture/cuisine/mezze/hellim.html

1 Box ziti noodles (the green box)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
shredded cheese

Put noodles in 9x13" pan. Add sauce. Fill jar with water. Add. stir. Cover. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover. Add cheese. Bake uncovered another 15 minutes. Let cool. Enjoy

I read the subject line but not your post. Guess this won’t interest you. Sorry…

An easy fave of mine is quesadillas. Flour tortillas, Jalapeno Jack cheese. Grate the cheese or slice it real thin, put on top of a tortilla, add another tortilla on top of that and nuke it for a minute or so. viola! Add sourcream and salsa as needed. Yummy.

Bob McC

An easy fave of mine is quesadillas. Flour tortillas, Jalapeno Jack cheese. Grate the cheese or slice it real thin, put on top of a tortilla, add another tortilla on top of that and nuke it for a minute or so. viola! Add sourcream and salsa as needed. Yummy.

Bob McC

Greens
Feta Cheese
Pine Nuts toasted in a dry pan
Some chopped onion
dried cranberries (raisins will work, but they aren’t as tart)
A good vinagrette dressing

Combine the above ingredients for an excellent salad.

Many thanks everyone, I have never tried any of these, and they all sound yummy.

You can probably find many recipes (easy and hard) here.

Chop up a tomato and an onion and a pepper, dump then into a big bowl with a bag of frozen corn. Nuke till steaming.

Add cilantro, cheese, if you like, and eat.