looking for fiction book

I’ve always disliked fiction books but our library has such a collection I have avoided.
I would like to try one or two.
It should have no gory murders in it, and be shorter than say 500 pages.
It would be good if the author wrote more than 1 book so if I like it, I can read more.

My personal fav is called A Fan’s Notes by Frederick Exely.

He only wrote three books, this was his first. You don’t have to a fan of football but it helps.
I’ve mentioned this book a few times and AFAIK nobody else has read it so it would be nice if somebody eles did.

If you want a book with a good spiritual theme (which I have a feeling you might like in a book :)), that will make you laugh your head off in parts and cry at the end, I would recommend A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving. I think it’s a bit longer than what you asked for but it’s worth it.

If you like Humor and sci-fi/fantasy try the Hitchhiker’s Guide series by Douglas Adams, or the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.
Chuck Palanhiuk is another good author, and I don’t think any of his books include gory murders (though I wouldn’t put it past him.). His writing style is very unique, and his books are very quick reads (as in, a person who reads regularly could finish a book in one day, without really trying.).
If you don’t mind parody of Christianity, Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman is a really good book about the End Times (it’s really more of a parody of the Omen, except someone gets the babies mixed up, and the anti-christ goes to an average home instead of the home of an important political…person. Sorry, dont’ remember details.).
Hmm. looks at bookshelf. George orwell…1984 and Animal Farm. The latter is an extremly fast read, at less than 200 pages.

I will look for them.
Tho I read Animal Farm in school.