Looking for free antique appraisals on-line

My father has bought an antique console stereo/radio/bar, and wants to know how much it’s worth. Where can I find free appraisals for antiques on-line? I’ve tried a number of sites and search engines to no avail.

Any help would be nice.

Try a search of eBay’s database of completed auctions. Go to the category Photo & Electronics > Consumer Electronics > Audio > Vintage. Enter (“hi fi”,console) stereo in the search CGI box and click Search. Then select Search Completed Items There is probably something similar to what you have that can give you an idea of the market value to collectors.

Better than Ebay, in my opinion, is Kovels’.

I’ve used it a few times in the past and liked the way the site is designed and laid out. It’ll give you a estimated price based on numerous variables and also give you some background info on what you’re estimating.

I think you’re limited on how many free searches you’re allowed, but it’s a good place to start.

Check it out.

wolfstu, if you gave us the name of the radio, what type it is, what year, etc we might better be able to assist you as there are a lot of them.